Her Home

Her slender fingers wrapped around the gold knob of their door. It was two in the morning. She accidentally fell asleep at Mark's and before she left her house, her dad specifically told her to be home by eleven. Slowly, she opened the door, enough for her to slip in, not letting it creak.

When she successfully was in the warmth of her home, she slowly, carefully, closed the door, making sure not to wake up anybody. When she heard the lock click, she sighed.

"Madison." Her father was sat on his recliner at attention in the darkness, waiting for his daughter to come home.

Madison jumped, a small squeal escaping her lips. Crap. She's caught.

"Hello there, dad," She giggled softly at the awkwardness. It was like one of those classic detective movies, where a faint light shone from a small lamp on the person and everything else was just darkness. The only thing missing was the manila folder and coffee.

"You're home late; very, very late." Her dad just looked at Madison. Those looks parents give; the glare enough for Madison to cower down.

"I know. I'm sorry. I accidentally fell asleep." Madison fiddled with her fingers, feeling the tension surrounding the two of them.

"Where were you anyways?"

"Brad's." Madison lied. No one knows about Mark and her's relationship, obviously.

"Oh. Funny how Brad said you weren't there when I called him two hours ago, huh?" Now Madison bit her lip. This is not how she expected this to go. She didn't exactly expect anything, anyways.

"Uh. Yeah." Madison looked at her shoes.

"Now let's try the truth, shall we? Where were you?" Madison looked back up, meeting her father's glare.

"I was at a friend's" Jacob sighed. He put the blanket that laid on his lap to the side and he stood up.

"Your mother and I didn't raise you a liar. What is happening with you? First you sneak around, then your grades are going down, and now, you get home way past your curfew. I expect more from you, young lady. You're grounded until those grades get better. So no hanging out with anyone. No one will come over. You get straight home from school. And no driving. Hand me your keys."

"But dad, how am I supposed to get to school?" Madi tightly held her keys.

"I guess you'll have to do it old school way, riding a school bus."