Her Midnight Call

"Who is that, babe?" Kirsten moaned, wrapping her arm around his naked torso. Mark felt her against his side.

"Hello? Who is this?" He heard a stutter on other line, a woman stuttering.

"Uh, ah, uh, " She stuttered again. At this point, Mark was getting pissed off. Who could be calling at this hour? 

"Uh, Traineer, I'm so sorry for waking you up..." His heart pretty much stopped beating then and there. His body just froze. She was calling him now of all times? 

"Sorry, it's really stupid. I'll talk to you tomorrow about it instead. I'm so sorry." Mark knew exactly what Madison wanted. She wanted the only thing that held the truth about how she felt about him, detail by detail.

"No. What is it?" Mark said firmly. He was frustrated, not because she was calling this late, but because she could stir something in him awake by just a phone call.

"Sorry," She whispered. He knew she hung up after her apology, yet he still held the phone to his ear, fingers clenching it tightly. Deep down, Mark knew he would have to return that diary soon, but something was telling him not to just yet.

Why was Madison so complicated? Why couldn't she just stay in his class and have everything go back to normal? Why was Mark even thinking about his student like this?

He turned to his side and took his fiancée in his arms, kissing her with so much force, he was pretty much devouring Kristen.