#16. Someone in his Family Dies.

LUKE: "What?" he asked into the speaker, unable to believe what he was being told by his mother. You nervously bit your fingernails as you watched tears rapidly fill up in his eyes. You still weren't sure what was going on or what had happened, but from the look on your boyfriend's face you knew that whatever it was, it wasn't good. "Okay," he said shakily. His mum mumbled something once more before he ended the call, his phone slipping out of his hands as soon as it was away from his ear. You winced as the device landed on the wooden floor, making a loud thud as it hit the ground. Luke immediately broke down in your arms as you embraced him, whispering comforting words into his ear and running your fingers through his hair. "My grandpa died," he choked out, burying his now reddened face into your neck. "He had a terrible stroke. I didn't even get to say goodbye." You gasped once the words left his mouth, not expecting to hear such a thing. You had met Luke's grandpa countless times, and you knew how sweet he was and just how close the two of them were. It hurt your heart to see how heartbroken Luke was from the news. Tears began to cloud your own eyes as you held him close. You knew the next few weeks were going to be extremely hard, but you were going to be there for Luke the entire time.

ASHTON: You sighed and let your forehead fall against the bathroom door along with the palm of your hands, unsure of what to do or say to get Ashton to unlock the door and let you in.  He had been in there for the past hour, and you were really starting to get worried.  "Ash, please just open the door, babe.  I want to help you get through this," you begged, twisting the knob helplessly once more.  "We can get through this together.." You heard Ashton let out a quiet sob from the other side of the door, making you frown.  "She's dead, (y/n).  My fucking mum is dead.  How do you expect me to ever recover from that?" he croaked.  You could just see the tears running down his cheeks.  It hurt you so much to see Ashton in this state, but you loved him and you were determined to make things better.  "I-I'm not sure, Ashton.  But I know that she wouldn't want you being like this for the rest of your life.  She would want you to be happy, and I know that she would want me to make sure that happens.  So please, just let me in?"

CALUM: It had been one entire week since Calum found out that his grandma had died from a heart attack, and he still was in the same state as he was the second he found out.  He wouldn't even get out of bed to use the bathroom unless you forced him to.  He wasn't himself anymore, and knowing that made you less like yourself too.  "Cal, can I talk to you for a minute?" you asked him softly, sitting down beside him on his mattress.  He rubbed his bloodshot eyes, feebly nodding.  You sighed, "I know that you're really hurt right now, baby.  I know.  I've been in this position too. But you're gonna have to start getting up and going out and doing things again.  You can't just sit in here forever being down.  You know grandma wouldn't want that for you." "Yeah," he muttered, looking down at his hands as his eyes began to water.  "Hey, you don't need to cry, Calum.  Everything is going to be alright, okay?  We're all going to be okay."

MICHAEL: "This isn't fair," Michael squeaked, covering his face in his hands so that you couldn't see him like this.  His aunt had recently passed away, and it really was taking a toll on him.  She was one of his favorite aunts, and he was always so close to her.  With her being gone, it was just so weird for him.  You knew that it was going to take a long time for him to adjust to her absence.  "I know it isn't, Mikey," you said sadly, rubbing his back comfortingly.  "But everyone has their time sooner or later.  And this time it was your aunt's." That made him sob, and you slightly regretted saying it.  You hated seeing him cry, and so all you wanted right now was for him to happy.  "Sh, it's going to be alright.  I promise."

I'm sorry that I haven't written any preferences lately, I've just been super busy with school and everything. But I finally was able to write this one and hopefully I'll have another up soon. x