#9. He's in the Military.

~ Sorry that this wasn't the best, I just had to get something up!  There should be some more up this weekend though, as I have a three day weekend this week. (:  Remember to give me requests too! x

LUKE: You smiled down at your baby daughter, Amelia, who was sleeping peacefully in her crib while soft snores left her lips.  She stirred after a moment, her eyes fluttering open to reveal those bright blue eyes that were almost an exact replica of her father’s.  You sighed and reached out to her, carefully picking her up and holding her in your arms.  ”I’ve got a surprise for you, sweetheart,” you murmured to your daughter, walking out of her room and down the hall to your own bedroom.  You entered it and sat down on your bed where your laptop currently was, the screen flashing with color and showing the love of your life on it.  ”Look who it is,” you said to Amelia, pointing towards Luke on the small screen.  ”Hey, Emmy,” Luke cooed, a big smile forming on his lips at the sight of you and his seven month old daughter.  Amelia finally realized who it was and smiled happily at her father, her dimples apparent while she did so.  ”Da!”  ”Yeah, that’s my baby girl,” he whispered, trying his hardest to hold back the oncoming wave of tears.  He made a promise to himself that he wasn’t going to shed any tears while he got the chance to Skype you, wanting to be strong for you and Amelia.  It was hard though.  He missed the two of you so much, and all he wanted was for his family to be together again.  You found yourself crying in a matter of seconds, the fact that Luke still wouldn’t be home for another four months sinking in.  ”I miss you, Luke,” you croaked, tears blurring your vision.  ”Amelia misses you.  Your mum misses you.  We all miss you and just want you to come home.”  His heart broke into two at the sight of you so heartbroken, and he wished that he could wrap his arms around you and reassure you that it was okay, but he wasn’t able to.  ”Please don’t cry, (y/n), I’ll be home before you know it.  And I miss you so much more, babe.  I love you.”  You smiled weakly and nodded, believing each word that was said.  ”I love you too.”

ASHTON: “Is everything ready, Calum?” you called from the top of the steps, rubbing your growing stomach.  Today was the day that Ashton was coming back home to you, the guys, and the rest of his family here in Australia.  He had been deployed for the past six months, and you were finally going to be able to see him again.  To celebrate, you were going to throw a small welcome home party with you and the boys.  Luke and Michael were still on their way, but Calum came a little earlier to help you finish getting everything ready.  ”Yeah, almost!” he replied.  You walked down the stairs and entered the living room to see him using a thumbtack to finish hanging up the banner, the words ‘welcome home’ printed out in capital letters along the fabric.  You smiled as you looked at the banner, the realization that you were going to be seeing Ash very soon finally sinking in.  ”I’m so excited,” Calum gushed, standing next to you and viewing his work before glancing down at your stomach and giving you a small grin.  ”I bet Ashton is going to go crazy once he founds out he’s going to be a dad in a couple months.”  You laughed, “I know.  I can’t wait to see his face when I tell him.”  The two of you did the finishing touches on the decorations, a knock coming from the front door a few minutes later.  You figured that it was Luke and Michael, so you shouted for them to come inside.  When no one came in and another harsh knock was heard, you knew something was wrong.  You got a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach as you gave Cal a weird look and proceeded to answer the door.  You took a deep breath and grabbed onto the handle, tears immediately forming in your eyes as you opened the door and saw who it was.  You recognized the suit, shoes, cap, but the person wearing the uniform was not Ashton.  It wasn’thim.  ”Mrs. Irwin?” the lieutenant inquired, a stern look on his aging face.  You let out a choked sob and put your hand up to your mouth, nodding faintly as Calum came to stand beside you.  The lieutenant sighed and reached out to you, handing you a letter that he held in his hands.  ”I’m here to inform you of the death of Ashton Fletcher Irwin.  I’m terribly sorry for your loss.  You’ll be getting the rest of his belongings in a couple of days.  But for now, here’s a letter that we found in his bunk.  It looks like he had written it for you.”

CALUM: You didn’t want him to leave you; not in an hour, not in a day, not in a week, not even in an entire lifetime.  But you knew that you didn’t have choice.  It was his decision.  Calum had decided almost a year ago that he wanted to join the military, and now the two of you were here.  He was finally going to be deployed across the country for the next three months at least, and you weren’t the least bit excited.  You were dreading the time that you’d be without him, and the feeling was mutual for him as well.  But all you could do was cherish the last night that you two had together.  To make the most of the last night you would have together for awhile, he decided to take you out to eat and then stargaze, finished by showing each other how much love you have for one another until falling asleep in each others arms.

MICHAEL: Your eyes were locked on the screen of your phone as you waited for Michael to call you, your patience wearing the longer you sat there without hearing his voice.  He was supposed to call you around midnight, just like he did every other Sunday.  You were only able to talk to him on certain days and certain weeks, since he was so busy with training for the military and such.  You regretted even letting him join it, as it only made your heart break the more days that went by that you didn’t get to be in his arms.  You were pulled out of your thoughts as your phone went off, your mood immediately lightening up as you saw the familiar number.  You took no time in answering the call and pressing your phone up desperately to your ear, eager to hear him talk.  ”Michael?”  You heard shuffling on the other side of the line before your heart hammered inside of your chest at the sound of your name coming from his lips.  ”(Y/n), hey, baby.  I love you.”  You couldn’t help but giggle at how straightforward he was, even though you knew that he just needed to get the words out of his chest, as he’d been holding them in for so long now.  ”I love you too.  I love you so much.  I miss you too,” you whispered, wishing that he was right beside you instead of miles away.