#6. You're in the Hunger Games.

A/N: This one was fun to write since I love the Hunger Games and writing action like this. (:  I hope you like it and continue to vote and comment. x

LUKE: "Watch out!" You immediately spin around and catch sight of an arrow flying directly towards you.  A shriek leaves your dry lips as you duck down, just barely missing it.  If you had been even a tad bit slower at registering what was happening, it would’ve hit you in the chest and killed you instantly.  You let out a shaky breath and looked up, the boy from district four coming towards you with a spear ready in his hands.  You didn’t have nearly any time to react, and all you could think of doing to protecting yourself was to throw your arms up in front of your face.  You did just that and waited for the pain to come, but it didn’t.  Suddenly you heard someone gasp from beside you, the person falling to their knees as it quickly followed by the sound of a cannon.  You slowly opened your eyes and moved your hands away from your face, a blonde haired boy with blue eyes coming into view.  You recognized him to be from district seven.  He was standing a couple feet away from you with a bloody knife in his hand, while the one boy from district four lay dead on the ground next to you.  The boy chosen from district seven had saved you.  He breathed out deeply and looked at you, worry lacing his delicate features.  "Are you alright?" he asked.  "Y-yes," you stammered, still shocked that he hadn’t joined in on murdering you with the boy, but killed him instead.  "Why did you save me?  We’re not even from the same district."  He wiped the blood from the knife onto his pants before proceeding to put the weapon into his pocket.  "I wasn’t going to let him kill you, and I also thought that we could be allies.  I mean, considering the fact that the boy from your district is gone and Whinny is gone from mine, it’s a lot better than being alone."  You nodded in understanding as his words sunk in, figuring that he was right.  If you were alone, that would mean you’d be an easier target and possibly might not make it to the end of the games.  You sighed, "okay, I guess you’re right."  "So, allies?" he repeated, holding his hand out for you to shake as if you were confirming a deal.  You bit down on your lip nervously and took his hand in yours, shaking it.  "Allies.  I’m (y/n), by the way."  The boy smiled then, a small dimple showing on his right cheek.  "I’m Luke."

CALUM: Your stomach growled loudly as you and the boy from your district, Calum, walked deeper into the forest, hoping to find any source of an eatable item.  The two of you had been in the arena for three days straight, and neither of you had eaten at all since the games began.  You looked everywhere for some food, but all you could find was water.  But you were both beginning to starve to death, and if you didn’t have food soon there’s no doubt that you’d die within the next day if not by an opponent.  ”There isn’t any food anywhere,” you groaned, wiping a bead of sweat off of your forehead with the back of your hand.  Calum sighed, “You don’t know that, (y/n).  There has to be something to eat somewhere.”  After what seemed like hours of walking you finally spotted it- bananas.  You wanted to jump up in joy and scream at the top of your lungs, but knew if you did it’d only attract the others.  ”Cal, look!” you exclaimed, pointing towards the banana tree ahead of you.  He smiled and both of you began rushing towards it, until an arrow came out of nowhere at the two of you.  You screamed as the arrow passed you and went right into Calum’s back, piercing deep into his skin.  Calum let out a short cry and fell onto his knees.  You quickly got an arrow ready and scanned the area for who had done it, and saw the girl from district one trying to hide behind a tree.  You shot an arrow her way and hit her right in the heart, the cannon going off as she died instantly.  You returned to Calum’s side and kneeled down in front of him, helping him to sit upright.  Your first instinct was to take the arrow out of his back before it could cause any more damage.  He rested his head against your shoulder as you rapidly pulled the weapon out, a bloody scream escaping his lips soon after.  ”Sh, Cal, it’s okay.  You’re going to be perfectly fine,” you shushed him,  adjusting him so that he was laying down with his head in your lap.  ”I’m right here.”   He groaned from the pain and you grabbed onto his cold hand, letting him know you weren’t going anywhere.  ”Make sure you win for us, (y/n).  I have faith in you,” he said weakly, his watery deep brown eyes looking into yours.  You choked back a sob as his eyelids closed and a pool of blood surrounded the two of you, the sound that you dreaded to hear following in seconds.

ASHTON: "How long do we have to hide up here?" you whispered to Ashton, the boy from district eight that you had became allies with shortly after the games began.  He had saved you from being killed by the girl from district seven, Whinny, and ended up murdering her first.  You were thankful for his help, and decided that you should team up.  He agreed, and now here you were.  You had been hiding together in one of the tallest trees in the Cornucopia for over two days, neither of you getting down unless you had to go to the bathroom.  There were still at least six other tributes alive, and neither of you had weapons anymore to defend yourselves with.  Ash had one, but lost it quickly after he saved your life.  If you got down and searched for food and supplies without weapons, you’d surely die.  You didn’t know what to do, and all you wanted was to go home.  "Until we’re the only ones left I guess," he joked, but you just rolled your eyes.  In any other situation you would’ve found it at least somewhat funny, but right now you couldn’t.  You sighed and hit him lightly on the arm, "I’m being serious, Ashton.  We can’t stay up here forever.  We need weapons and something to eat and drink."  He nodded and bit down on his lip, seeming in thought.  "Yeah, you’re right, (y/n).  Okay, I’ll go down and search for some supplies and some food to settle our stomachs.  You stay up here while I go though, okay?  It’s too dangerous without weapons, and if any of us needs to survive, it’s you."

MICHAEL: You thanked Michael quietly as he finished wrapping up your injured leg with some cloth that he had ripped off of his outfit, blood already seeping through the thin fabric.  While you and Mike were searching for a safe place to rest for the night, you ended up running into a few other tributes.  The two of you managed to get out alive, but not before one of the boy’s cut up your left thigh pretty badly.  ”No, don’t thank me, (y/n).  It’s the least I could do.  How are you feeling?”  You grimaced as the pain your leg got worse and your head began to spin.  ”I..I don’t feel that good.”  You blinked through your blurred vision and saw Michael looking at you worriedly, the color drained from his face.  ”What do you mean?  Keep your eyes open, (y/n), please.”  He put his hands on either side of your face, the warm touch waking you up slightly.  You tried to keep your eyes open as long as you could, but each second that passed made it harder to do so.  The last thing you heard before everything faded to black was the sound of Michael’s pleas.