32. Daylight.

The phone started to ring as I looked at Mr. Duvall nervously. He gave me a hard look before picking up his office phone.

"What?" He barked into the phone. "No, tell him he's dead. I'm working!"

Then he slammed the phone back making me jump slightly.

I looked at him nervously before opening my mouth. "Mr. Duvall."

"What?"

"If you please, about the report." I pointed at the report on his desk.

"What about it?" He said taking a drag from his cigarette.

"We need to dig more information about this person, me and you know that he made fortunes in such a short time, even though his young age." I said.

He only looked at me and I continued. "We have to talk to about It, why ALL this fear?"

"It's not fear!" He yelled making me jump. "Understand what I'm saying here! This is about taking things slowly and looking into stuff more carefully to make sure that it's true."

I only looked down at my lap and he countied. "If turns out that everything we wrote was false, our newspaper will be shut down. We have to think first, we have a reputation to keep."

I only pouted, knowing that he was 100% right, but I still wanted my report to be published.

"I can't publish a word of this report that you wrote about this person and his company, got it?"

"This is also a type of fear." I said.

"Fear of what?" He yelled. "Yo-" he was cut off by his own phone ringing.

He glared at me before picking up his phone. "My wife."

"What?" He said to the phone. "Any soup, chicken, tomatoes, anything!"

I heard another voice speaking and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"This is not the time, I'm working!" He exclaimed. "Goodbye!"

"Talk." He looked at me.

"What I meant when I said that, I meant that's a type of fear as well. You're afraid that your company will be just shut down."

"Exactly, that's one of my rights, I should be afraid that my paper will be shut down, I should be afraid for the people who work here. All of you. Any word you write without an evidence, you will be punished by the law." He explained.

I huffed because I have no evidence and he continued. "You can write anything you want and I'll publish it, but, with evidence."

"So you're saying that you won't publish this report without an evidence?" I looked at him.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." He nodded.

"Okay then, give me my report if you please." I put my hand out.

"Here." He gave me the yellow file and I stood up.

"Thank you, and I'll bring you this evidence you want." I said before walking to the door.

I walked back to my work place where my co-workers, Sarah and joey was sitting working on their computers.

"He refused. He refused to publish my report!" I exclaimed. "And he wants an evidence."

"How are you gonna get him an evidence?" Joey asked.

"I don't know." I huffed. "I think I'm gonna call the company and make an appointment with him."

"(Y/N) honey, thousands of people tried this before you but they never succeeded. As I heard, lots of channels and papers tried to do an interview with him, but he always said no." Sarah said.

Harry Styles Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें