- Thomas -

Thomas -

Waiting anxiously for Thomas' return had you biting your nails. The other Gladers had given you looks of sympathy since the moment Thomas had gone into The Maze during the close of the walls.

'Idiot, idiot, idiot!' You kept thinking.

'What was he thinking?!'

"Hey, uh (Y/N)?" Chucks innocent voice fills your ears.

"Y-yeah Chuck?" You whisper back, re-adjusting the way you were sitting against the wall of The Maze.

"He'll make it." He says, sitting down next to you. "They'll all make it."

"But what if they don't Chuck? No one has survived a night in The Maze, what makes you think Thomas is suddenly an exception?" You suddenly snap, immediately regretting it when you see Chuck wince at your reply.

"S-sorry, It's been a long day Chuck." You add, crossing your arms on your knees.

"S'okay, I understand - I mean if it was my boyfrie- I mean girlfriend in there!" You crack a small smile. "I'd probably be worrying and being sad as well... I meant to say girlfriend by the way."

Resting your head on his shoulders, you whisper.

"Thank you Chuck, I really needed that."

"Its all good shank, I brought you a blanket and some food to - I didn't know if you'd move or not sooo..."

You chuckle a bit. "Thanks Chuck." You say kissing his cheek, then grabbing the blanket and pulling it over your small frame as well as his.

"You want some bread?" His voice breaks the silence.

"I would love some bread."

You were woken up by a tired looking Newt. Pushing his face away you rolled over in your hammock.

'Wait, hammock!?'

The last thing you remember was falling asleep by the wall with Chuck... What the shuck?

"If you're wondering how you got here, thank Frypan." Newts voice cut you out of your trance. "The shank carried you."

"Oh," You mumble, placing some stray hair away from your forehead. "What time is it?"

"Dunno, it's early though - the walls will be opening soon." He says before bidding you goodbye.

You lay In your hammock thinking.

'Will he come back?'

'Will they all come back?'

'Will one come back?'

'Will no one come back?'

You shook your head at the last one, of course they'll all return.

They have too. They have too.

They loud screeching of the walls broke you out of your thoughts.

"Oh shit, oh shit, Ch-Chuck! Get up shank! The walls are opening!" You scream as you start running towards The Maze entrance, along with a lot of your fellow gladers.

You stop running as you reach the entrance, pushing through the boys to get to the front. You breath fast, puffed out from the run and the anxiety building up within you.

Your (E/C) eyes scan the corridor of The Maze. Nothing but the vines on the walls moved.

"T-They have to be here." You say. "They have too!"

"No one survives in The Maze (Y/N)." Someone says from the crowd of boys.

"B-but they have too." You say again in a whisper, jumping in fright as a small hand holds onto yours. You look down to see Chuck, his dark eyes watering.

You turn your head back to The Maze, your eyes widening when you see movement from the end.

"There they are!" Chuck starts to yell. Blinking back tears, you push past the boys once again and breath in and out from behind the group.

'Why aren't you running up to him shuck face!' Your inner voice screams.

"They're alive." You whisper to yourself.

"(Y/N)?"

You turn to see a dirt and sweat covered Thomas.

"What the shuck were you thinking!?" You suddenly scream.

"W-what?" He stammers.

"You could've been killed shuck face! You s-stupid idiot!"

"They would've died if I didn't go (Y/N)! What was I supposed to do!?"

"You just ran right in there! Shuck knows what could've happened in there!"

"Well at least I'm not a coward!" He retorts.

"What's that supposed to mean? Huh?" You say, your narrowed eyes watering.

"I actually did something (Y/N), I risked my life for them. I didn't see you doing the same." He says, his eyes immediately widening as he realizes what he just said.

"Y-you think I'm a coward?" You stutter.

He steps forward as you step back.

"No (Y/N), I did'nt mean to say that - God I'm stupid," He mutters the last bit, his eyebrows furrowing in disgust within himself. "You're not a coward (Y/N), you're actually pretty brave... I mean, Chuck told me how you handled things yesterday."

"What do you mean?"

"If it was you that went in there before the walls closed and I was still here, I'd probably go mad, destroy a lot of things, you know... But Chuck told me you just sat there waiting for me," He says surprised.

"God I love you." He finished.

You crash into his arms as you hug him hard.

"I love you to," You mumble into his dirt covered shirt. "Don't think you're off the hook though."

He curses. "Dammit."

------------------------------------

A little bit of a big one compared to the last one. (✿◠‿◠)

Hope you guys liked it though! Thank you for all the votes and comments!

Also can't wait for The Walking Dead tomorrow :D Any TWD fans here?

Anywho,

Much love,

Bridie xx