Chapter 12

"Hi, I'd like a caramel macchiato and a chocolate brownie please." Baekhyun wrote down the lady's order and went into the back to tell Chanyeol to bring before he started making her macchiato. 

"Wow! You're really quick at making your drinks." Baekhyun smiled in appreciation, as he placed the lady's drink on a saucer. "I'm sorry, who owns this establishment, it's so pretty here and you clearly serve well."

"My boss is Park Chanyeol, he owns this place. Thank you very much for your compliments, he's be glad to hear such praises."

Just as Baekhyun goes back to cleaning the till area, Chanyeol steps out with a brownie on a pastel pink plate. "Baekhyun, here's the brownie order."

"Ah, thanks Chan. Give it to that lady at the counter, she was really complimenting this place earlier!" Chanyeol smiled and Baekhyun and then went to give the lady her order. 

"Sorry ma'am, did you order the brownie?"

The lady turned around and Chanyeol was shocked, "Nira?"

"Hi Chanyeol. Long time no see. I love this place, it's so cute."

"Thanks but hey, what are you doing here, shouldn't you be in Japan or something?. Chanyeol inquired happily.

"Ah, yeah. I wanted to come back to Korea though, I missed this place."

"Um Chanyeol, sorry to interrupt but Sehun just arrived." 

"Oh really? Great! Thanks Baek, sorry Nira, duty calls. We can catch up sometime, I'm here Monday's till Friday's till 6pm if you need me." Chanyeol waved at her before going to the back room.

"Excuse me, Baek?"

"Uh, yes? My name is Baekhyun, sorry. Chanyeol just calls me Baek sometimes."

"Oh right, sorry." Baekhyun waved her off saying that it was okay. "How is Chanyeol, how has he been doing?"

"Chanyeol's been doing great! He's an amazing boss and friend too-. I'm sorry, I forgot to ask, who are you?"

"Ah, I'm Nira Lee. I'm Chanyeol's fiancee."

"Oh, I-I didn't know Chanyeol was engaged-."

"Well, technically we're not anymore I suppose."

"I-I'm really confused, Chanyeol's never mentioned you and I've been his best friend for over 2 years now."

"Well, I'm not surprised he hasn't mentioned me honestly. The deal is that Chanyeol's dad is a pretty big business man and he wants to give his company to Chanyeol, but for Chanyeol to obtain the company, he must marry someone. Chanyeol didn't want to marry me because we weren't in love and he wanted to really fall in love, so he left. When he left, his dad was mad and he hasn't spoken to Chanyeol since he left, only Yoora speaks to Chanyeol."

Baekhyun was listening to Nira's story with great interest, "Wow, poor Channie, I didn't expect his life to be this dramatic. He always acts so calm and collected."

"I'm back to convince Chanyeol to get married soon. His dad wants to give the company to Yoora but she really doesn't want it and I want to help her and him."

"You want Chanyeol to marry you? Do you like him?"

"Oh me? No. I don't want him to marry me, as such. I just want him to get married."

"Oh? But why does he have to be so rushed?"

"Well, Chanyeol always wanted to take over his dad's company, hence taking business in uni. But he still has to undergo 5 years of training with his dad, so his dad wanted to finish it quick so if anything happens, Chanyeol will be ready. Chanyeol was only 18 when his dad wanted to start training him and so he didn't really feel like settling down yet."

"Why can't Chanyeol just get married after training? He can find a partner while he's training..."

"Mr Park wanted him to settle down already so that he wouldn't be distracted from his job. It's really stupid, I know."

"Mr Park has almost given up on Chanyeol and wants Yoora to take over, but Yoora is happy with her job and I know Chanyeol actually wants this. I just need him to come with me to convince his dad that our engagement is on and while he is, he can find an actual partner while I'm with mine."

"Wow. Um... That's a good plan but- I don't know how Chan would react to that."

"You're right, which is why I need you to convince him. Clearly you two are good friends which means that you could probably convince him to meet his dad and start his training. We can both try to push the wedding date way ahead so that there's no issues!"

"That's a great idea! You're really sweet Nira, thanks for helping Chan. I'll try talking to him and hope this goes well."

"Thank you Baekhyun." Nira smiled and held out her hand, for Baekhyun to shake. "Here's the money for my food. I'll be of now. Buh-bye!"

Baekhyun went back into the kitchen and asked Taeyeon to take over the tills for a bit. "Ah Baek, perfect timing. I need you to train Sehun in the basic cupcake recipes and how to frost!" Baekhyun nodded, knowingly, and handed Sehun one of the aprons.

"So, Sehun, have you ever worked in a kitchen before?"

"Uh, no. But I am experienced in cooking and making pastries. I'm studying nutrition and school and take baking on the side at clubs and stuff."

"That's great! I have a feeling that you'll be getting along just fine here." Baekhyun smiled his rectangular smile to his tall acquaintance who smiled back at him.

"Let's get started with the frosting since there's a fresh batch of cupcakes there. All you have to do is copy the designs in this booklet, don't worry if you mess up, I do."

Sehun smiled in understanding as he tried to follow the bear drawing on one of the cupcakes. "Sehun! That's really good! I told you that you'd fit right in."

"Haha, thanks hyung. I appreciate it."

"Anytime maknae."

Baekhyun and Sehun frosted cupcakes and created new batched of various pastries, he even showed the tall male how to work some of their coffee machines.

"Thank you Chanyeol and Baek hyung. I'll see you both Monday!"

Chanyeol smiled at Sehun and Baekhyun did the same, waving a 'bye' to his new friend.

"What do you think about Sehun, Chan?"

"He seems nice, he works well too so I'm glad Minseok introduced us. What about you?"

"Oh, I agree one hundred percent! He's so sweet and adorable, he's like a younger brother." Chanyeol nodded in agreement, as he put all the cleaning supplies away.

The time was now 18:46 and Chanyeol was locking up the front door. "Chanyeol, do you have plans for the weekend?"

"No, not really."

"Can we go visit Yoora then? I haven't seen her in a while."

"I guess, I'll call her when we get to yours?"

"Okay! Sounds good. Let's go homeee!" Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun's enthusiasm and then unlocked his car so that he could drive to Baek's.

|| 1158 words :) ||