Chapter 6

For the second time in the past week, Baekhyun woke up in the warm arms of Chanyeol. Sure he's only known Chanyeol for five days, but he's already started to enjoy the feeling of his toned torso against Baekhyun's skinny tummy.

Baekhyun quickly stretched out his limbs, cracking his elbows as he did, before he removed Chanyeol's arm from around his waist and sat up. In the past five days, Baekhyun has noticed that Chanyeol definitely enjoys cuddling. Most of their first day together was spent cuddling and when he went to see Chanyeol at work, he got a hug every time he did something right, not that Baekhyun was complaining. He quite enjoyed the affection he received from the tall male as it gave him comfort and reminded him that someone cares for him.

Unknown to Baekhyun, while he continued to remember the last five days, he had been stroking a certain giants mop of hair, gradually waking him up. "Good morning Baek". Chanyeol's deep raspy morning voice infiltrated his thoughts, "Morning Channie~." The tall male moved his head, so it rested on Baekhyun's lap, as he dreamily gazed up at Baekhyun. "You ready for your second day at work?", Baekhyun nodded and smiled down at his overly tall friend.

"Well, get your lazy bum out of bed, I'll make something for breakfast." Baekhyun blushed slightly feeling as if Chanyeol and him were a married couple and his loving husband was going to cook for him. "Okay Channie." The elven like male smiled down at his little puppy before leaving the bedroom and raiding the kitchen for pancake making supplies.

Once Baekhyun had washed up and gotten changed, into his grey joggers and sweatshirt, he left the room and approached the cooking giant. Baekhyun quietly entered the kitchen and just sat at the counter, watching the tall males back as he whipped up some sort of mixture in a glass bowl. "Do you need any help Channie?", Baekhyun's chirpy voice caused Chanyeol to turn around and smile. "Could you cut up some strawberries and bananas please?"

Baekhyun hopped off the counter stool and approached his pantry, pulling out the required fruits and a jar of nutella because that shit is gooood. Baekhyun pulled out a chopping board from a cabinet and placed it on his marble counter before he started cutting the fruits.

The smell of pancakes filled the room ans Chanyeol placed the last pancake onto a plate before turning the cooker off and taking the plates towards the table, where Baekhyun sat happily with his chopped fruits. Chanyeol couldn't help but smile as he saw the smaller boy sticking a spoon inside the nutella jar and licking the chocolate off the spoon. "Does it taste that good Baekkie~?" Upon hearing his name, Baekhyun looked up at the smug looking male, looking down at him. A crimson blush spread to the edges of his cheeks and died at a light flush along his throat. "You want some?", not knowing how to respond at being caught, Baekhyun decided to act cute to distract Chanyeol. Chanyeol was definitely distracted.

Chanyeol got a butter knife from Baekhyun's draws and spread nutella on the pancakes before topping them off with the fruit Baekhyun had previously cut. "Mmm, Channie, these are really delicious!", Baekhyun exclaimed. Chanyeol smiled at the small male, ruffling his fluffy honey hair.

They ate and watched up the tasty breakfast talking about their schedule for work the day.

At 8am, they left Baekhyun's house and headed to the cafe in his car. Upon arriving, they found Minseok in the kitchen, preparing some of their fresh pastries. (AN// Katy Perry is playing and I just wanna describe colourful delicious pastries for 10 chapters now). Chanyeol and Baekhyun both wished the small male a polite 'good morning' and then headed through the kitchens doors into the main cafe.

"Baekhyun, could you work at the cashier while I help Minseok with the food?" Baekhyun nodded and replied back with a small 'of course' as Chanyeol changed the 'Sorry, We're Closed' sign to a 'Welcome, We're Open' sign.

Baekhyun only had to wait for about twenty minutes before customers started to filter through the door. A couple of elderly ladies entered asking for tea and some of their favourite pastries. They held a short conversation with the short male and told him how much of a 'sweet boy' he was and that they wanted him to tell Chanyeol that they wished him a good day. Baekhyun politely bowed and then went to the kitchen to tell Chanyeol their orders and to wish him for them.

Chanyeol told Baekhyun that they were his neighbours and he often used to help them so, they took a liking to the tall male and always fed him and came to the cafe everyday. Baekhyun smiled at what Chanyeol has said, he really was a kindhearted and extremely good looking male.

Baekhyun took the pastries to the ladies table and bowed to them politely before retreating to his position behind the counter once they mentioned how kind he was once again.

He served a few customers before he heard the small bell at the cafe ring again and then the obnoxious clacking of heels. Baekhyun headed to one of the tables -to give them their order- passing the person who's heels were clacking.

When he turns around, he see's familiar, long, ginger wavy hair but there's many people with similar hair in the town.

Baekhyun walks behind the counter and approaches the new customer, "Hello miss, can I help y- Taeyeon?" Baekhyun was shocked, he didn't know what to do, he wasn't expecting to see her this soon. She smiled up at the struggling male." Hi Baekkie, I didn't know you worked here too. How are you today~?" Her voice was overly sugar coated and it sent tingles down Baekhyun's spine, not the good kind.

"I've been just fine, thanks. Now, may I please take your order?" Taeyeon continued to smile which only made Baekhyun shudder more. "One cappuccino with whipped cream and a slice of the double chocolate cake please." Baekhyun nodded and made the cappuccino, serving it to her before he went to ask for the cake.

"Ch- Chanyeol, can I h- have a slice of the double chocolate cake pl- please?" The tall male turned around and stared at Baekhyun quizzically, "Are you okay, Baek? Why're you stuttering so much?" Baekhyun shook his head slightly, his eyes becoming glassier with each passing second. "Taeyeon's here." Upon hearing that the person he hated most right now was in his cafe, Chanyeol got furious.

"Minseok, please take the cake to her." Minseok nodded at the instruction before cutting a slice of the cake and heading to the counter. "Baek, listen to me, I'm here now. Nothing's gonna happen." Chanyeol assured Baekhyun and stroked the small males back, trying to help his tears stop.

Chanyeol was already very fond of Baekhyun, despite knowing him for only five days. Chanyeol continued to embrace Baekhyun in his strong arms whispering small 'shushes' and 'it's gonna be okay's' to him.

Chanyeol did promise himself that he would look after Baekhyun. The boy was precious and sensitive. He was sweet, kind, a good hugger and one of the most gorgeous people he's seen. A part of Chanyeol wondered if Baekhyun liked Chanyeol a little bit too. He hoped that Baekhyun was getting over Taeyeon but, he understands that a relationship of three years is hard to recover from, especially when only one person is hurt. "I'll always be here for you Baekkie, I promise."

Chanyeol mumbled those eight words into Baekhyun's hair as he swayed them both gently, side to side.

Baekhyun had heard Chanyeol's kind words and felt his cheeks flush and his heart quicken. Though the circumstances at which them met were odd, he was glad he met Chanyeol.

|| 1308 words :) ||

(AN// YEE YEE, IT'S ME! I'm back on schedule! I just wanna make them date and love each other forever but suspense and... Taeyeon ;) Btw, sorry for any spelling mistakes, I just type really quick and skip them when I read through).