Chapter 11

Baekhyun was woken up by the pleasant smell of pancakes. He quickly dashed out of bed and into the bathroom to wash up and go down for breakfast. 

It was quite common for Baekhyun to wake up to the smell of food, on a Friday morning. Chanyeol always liked to practice his breakfast making skills for Baekhyun and himself. 

"Good morning Channie." Baekhyun lazily walked to Chanyeol as he rubbed his heavy-lidded eyes. "Hi Baekkie. Had a good sleep?" Baekhyun nodded in answer and walked to the kitchen counter, before pulling out one of the tall chairs and jumping onto it.

Chanyeol chuckled at Baekhyun jumping onto the tall chair, while he placed a plate of pancakes and strawberries in front of Baekhyun. "You'll never get on these chairs easily will you Baek?" Chanyeol laughed as Baekhyun sent him a playful glare. "Don't worry Baek, I'll always carry you if you need." A dust of pink climbed onto Baekhyun's cheeks, as he began to eat his pancakes.

"These pancakes are really good Chan!" Baekhyun gobbled down each pancake, placing strawberries delicately onto them. Chanyeol smiled in appreciation and continued to eat his own breakfast.

Once the dishes were done and the boys were showered and changed, the two males headed into Chanyeol's car to go to the cafe.

The ride was silent, apart from Baekhyun's singing to the stereo. "Since today's Friday, we need Minseok to help but, it's his and Jongdae's anniversary today so Taeyeon will be helping and so will Minseok's friend Sehun." Baekhyun nodded at Chanyeol as both males stepped out of Chanyeol's, large, car.

Baekhyun skipped over to the entrance and unlocked the cafe door, before flipping the closed sign to the open sign.

"I'll get started on the cakes and you can work on the pastries?" Chanyeol nodded in agreement and swapped his coat for the simple beige apron with a little bear on it. Baekhyun had always admired the cuteness of the 'Chanbear' cafe. Baekhyun remembered when he first started working here and he asked Chanyeol about the meaning behind the name. Chanyeol told him that he had a bear as a kid called Chan, Chanyeol wanted to make this cafe and the brown aesthetic of the cafe reminded him of his little tanned bear.

Baekhyun followed Chanyeol to the staff room and swapped his bomber jacket for the cute apron. Chanyeol giggled at Baekhyun trying to the bow on his back and helped him out, Baekhyun smiled in appreciation. 

"I forgot how adorable you look with the apron." Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun, mocking his petite frame. The apron reached Chanyeol's mid-thigh but went just past Baekhyun's knees. Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol before walking to the pantry and pulling out his required ingredients.

"I'm sowwy Baekkie! You know I love this height on you!" Baekhyun lowered his head and secretly smiled at Chanyeol's words and then started preparing his cake batter.

Once the cafe started filling up, Baekhyun helped Chanyeol at the counter as Taeyeon prepared the pastries in the back. "Okay, so, Sehun's coming in at 13:00 to help with making the cakes so that they'll be ready for the peak times." Baekhyun nodded at Chanyeol before heading to the back to get more cupcakes.

"Hi Taeyeon, are those chocolate cupcakes done?"

"Yeah, they're almost done, could you help me frost the remaining few please?" Baekhyun nodded and picked up the frosting pen.

The frosting oozed out the tip and flowed in accordance to Baekhyun's hand movement. "So, how are you doing Baekhyun?"

"I'm good, what about you Tae?" Baekhyun concentrated on his cupcakes, sticking his tongue out as he swirled the frosting on top of the cake.

"I'm pretty great actually!"

"Really, but you just broke up with uhm, Chanyeol." Taeyeon smiled in acknowledgement before she stopped frosting a cupcake. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about him. Chanyeol and I, we weren't really dating just sort of... experimenting? Anyway, we both realised that we didn't like each other and that I liked someone else."

"Really, that's good. Who do you like?" Baekhyun lightly wiggled his brows, smirking at Taeyeon. "Well, he's in front of me."

Baekhyun turned to look behind him but realised the room only held Taeyeon and him. "Oh, Taeyeon I-I'm really flattered but, I-I don't know about this. I mean, I used to like you but I'm not sure because I kinda spent a lot of time with Chan and I had this really weird dream where I was dating him and I kinda liked it and I may kinda like him but like-"

"Baekhyun, calm down." Taeyeon giggled as she approached the rambling male. "I don't really like you, I mean not as anything more than a good friend. I just pretended to like you for Chanyeol's sake. He really likes you and I wanted him to make a move, but he wouldn't so I guess I had to tell you."

Baekhyun gaped at Taeyeon, shocked by her revelation. "Are you sure Chanyeol likes me? I mean, we're close, but maybe you got it all wrong."

Taeyeon shook her head signalling a no, "Chanyeol told me he likes you, I'm not kidding."

Baekhyun felt a zoo infiltrate his stomach at Taeyeon's last sentence. Wow, the Park Chanyeol, his best friend, actually has a crush on him. Baekhyun was over the moon.

"Thank you for telling me Tae, I guess I'll make a move soon since Yoda apparently has no intention." Taeyeon laughed but agreed with Baekhyun.

"You should probably get these cupcakes out, Chanyeol must be wondering what you're up to!"

Baekhyun picked up two stacked trays, muttering a thanks, before he shuffled out the kitchen and into the front of the cafe.

"Two trays of chocolate cupcakes. Sorry I took a while, I had to help frost the cupcakes."

"No problem Baekhyun, just set them on the shelves and look after the tills for a bit, I need to clear some tables." Baekhyun nodded in understanding and called up the next customer.

"Good morning ma'am, welcome to Chanbear's cafe! What can I get for you today?"

|| 1002 words :) ||

AN// The worst author is back y'all. I have results day in less than a week and I'm not ready-. Anyway, sorry for the trash update, as per usual and thanks for reading! <3