Chapter 7

The next week had been a tiring one for Byun Baekhyun. The many hours spent at the cosy cafe left him with a permanent scent of rich coffee, the same scent that Chanyeol had, which he had very much grown to like.

"Baekhyun, could you get 2 strawberry shortcakes and 2 venti lates please!"

Baekhyun scuttled to the back door and retrieved the orders from Minseok before handing them over to Chanyeol.

Ah, Chanyeol. The male who's been occupying Baek's mind since he met him on the that faithful day 2 weeks ago.

The dark chocolate hair of the tall male always soothed Baekhyun when he brushed through with his fingers while watching some kind of show on his TV.

Movie nights at Baekhyun's house had been a common occurrence for this past week. When the shift was done, it was into Baekhyun's car and off to his house for Chanyeol's amazing cooking and some kind of activity that involved Baekhyun's TV and couch.

Chanyeol's been the most perfect friend Baekhyun could ask for. The giant was nothing but chivalrous in the way he acted. Always reminding Baekhyun that he was not alone when the small boy would -once again- break down about Taeyeon.

"Channie?"

"Mhm."

"I- I'm gonna visit my mum this weekend and uhm... co- could you come with me?" Baekhyun chewed on his bottom lip, anticipating the worst.

"Of course I'll join you Baekkie, I'm always here for you. Let me just call up Minseok though." Once Chanyeol leaves the room - to make a call - Baekhyun sighs in relief. How was he so lucky to find such a kind person that just clicked with him instantly. 

"Minseok and his husband will run the cafe over the weekend so I'm all yours." Baekhyun gave him his soft puppy smile and patted the seat next to him so that he could cuddle the giant once again.

Chanyeol sat down, his 1000 watt smile warming up Baekhyun's cheeks. The shorter male snuggled up to his tall friend, head in his defined chest, listening to his rapid heartbeat. 

Chanyeol released a long content sigh. "Baekhyun, how do you feel about Taeyeon?" Baekhyun looked up at the tall male. "I- I guess I'm getting over her, why?"

"Nothing, I'm just glad you're recovering, Baekkie." Baekhyun stared into Chanyeol's malteser orbs as Chanyeol stared into Baekhyun's equally dark orbs. 

Neither male noticed the slow inching between the two. The gap closed each second, as the males were drawn closer and closer to each other. Chanyeol's arm remained around Baekhyun's slender waist, as Baekhyun's arm moved from Chanyeol's chest to around his neck. Before either of the two realised, their lips met - sending an electric shock to through both male's veins.

The kiss was soft and only lasted a mere 5 seconds, before Chanyeol hurriedly pulled himself away from the petite male. "I- I'm so sorry Baekhyun, that wasn't right of me. Oh Go. I'm so sorry."

"Do you regret it?" Baekhyun's previously sparkly eyes had dimmed significantly as he stared into Chanyeol's eyes, looking for an answer. "I- I... No. I could never regret anything I do with you Baekhyun, I'm just sorry that I did this without your consent." Baekhyun eyes rekindled their sparkle as he pulled Chanyeol back to him for another sweet kiss that lasted a little bit longer.

"I really like you Chanyeol, I'm so grateful that you came into my life." Chanyeol brushed the honey coloured bangs away from Baekhyun's eyes so he could stare directly into his sparkling eyes. "I really like you too Baekhyun - like - a lot." Baekhyun released one of his melodious giggles at Chanyeol's statement, which didn't fail to send a tingling feeling through Chanyeol's body. 

"Byun Baekhyun, will you please be my boyfriend?" Baekhyun giggled and released a quiet but audible 'hell yes!', to which Chanyeol replied back with a warm hug.

The day carried on like a regular day for the two. They both got dressed and headed to the cosy cafe, in Baekhyun's car. 

"Nice of you to join, Chanyeol - and you too - Baekhyun." Minseok said, in a teasing manner.

"I'm ever so sorry for my tardiness Mr Kim but, I was just spending time with my - ever so sweet - boyfriend." Minseok's eyes widened and his mouth was left agape. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun to his side and tightly wrapped his arm around the petite man's waist. Minseok released a string of incoherent words before he started squealing. "OH MY GOD! You guys finally started dating. Oh, I'm so happy for the both of you. You guys are just so frickin' adorable. Aweeeeee!"

Chanyeol smiled in delight, he knew that Minseok always wanted him to find a sweet partner and now, he was sure he had found the best partner he could ever imagine.

Baekhyun blushed slightly, the dusty rose spreading to his ears and dying at his neck. "L- Let's start working guys!" Baekhyun chirped before running into the kitchen to cool himself down.

"Isn't he just the cutest?"

"Indeed he is Chanyeol, indeed he is." Minseok smiled before returning to his place behind the counter and wiping it as Chanyeol switched the closed sign to an open.

The cafe buzzed with customers today. The autumn leaves dried and the wind blew each golden leaf off the trees. The staff had just finished cleaning the counters and were finally ready to call it a day.

"You'll be off this weekend right, Chanyeol?" Chanyeol nodded at Minseok as placed the rest of the cleaning supplies back in their place.

"May I ask where exactly Baek and you are going?" Chanyeol nodded yet again and told Minseok about visiting Baekhyun's parents. "Wow you've been dating a day and you're already going to see the parents."

Chanyeol never thought about that. When Baekhyun had asked him, they were just friends but now, they were more. "Oh God Min, what am I gonna do? He had a girlfriend not even 3 weeks ago!" Minseok laughed and patted Chanyeol's back. "I assure you that you'll cope just fine. What's not to love about you?". Minseok sent Chanyeol a wink before exiting the cafe.

"Chanyeol, are you ready to go home?" Home... Chanyeol liked the fact that Baekhyun's home is his too, scratch that. Baekhyun is his home. 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into to the car so that they could finally talk some more. 

Baekhyun spent his night being completely mollycoddled by his perfect boyfriend, he couldn't wish for anymore.

|| 1088 words :)||

AN// Oh bo1. I'm so sorry for not updating in two weeks but I had the motivation of a sloth. Imma try to update again soon but exams start in a week and they last a month so we'll jest have to see. Love you all tho! <3