Chapter 5

The bright Saturday's sun filtered through the wide windows and onto the two sleeping males. What time is it? Baekhyun wondered. He groggily rubbed his eyes feeling a throbbing pain in his head. He shuffled slightly, snuggling into the warm clothed chest of Chanyeol. Wait. Chanyeol? Baekhyun shot up, sitting on the bed, the giant's arm still wrapped around his waist.

Baekhyun glanced at the tall male snuggled into his side. He brushed through the soft chestnut hair, small tingles working their way up his fingers as he stroked the hair. "Channie~." Baekhyun cooed at the male who yawned and tightened his grip around Baekhyun's waist. "Channie, if you let me go, I'll bring some medicine so we can stop having these horrible migraines~", Baekhyun continued to speak in a cute manner hoping Chanyeol would release him.

Chanyeol slowly loosened his grip around Baekhyun's waist and looked up at the smaller with his malteser eyes. "Morning." Baekhyun was in a trance when Chanyeol's, deeper than usual, voice sounded out. "Uh- Mo- Morning Channie." Chanyeol smiled up at the short male before completely letting go of his waist and pushing himself up from the bed.

"Oh God, you were right about the headache", Chanyeol whined as Baekhyun got out of the bed and headed to his kitchen. When Baekhyun left, Chanyeol stood up and looked around the room. Creamy walls created the rectangular shape of the room. A large window, through which the sun had filtered in, took up the space of the back wall. A large white wardrobe stood at the left of the room, next to the bathroom. Chanyeol looked to his left, the wall next to Baekhyun's bed. A collage of photos in a rectangular frame was placed on the little table next to Baekhyun's bed. The photos mainly consisted of pictures where Taeyeon and Baekhyun were together. Chanyeol sighed, thinking about what Baekhyun plans to do.

"Chanyeol, here are the pills", Chanyeol smiled and walked over to Baekhyun. He grabbed the pills and chugged them down with a glass of water that Baekhyun also had. "Baek... What's gonna happen with you and Taeyeon?" The small male looked at his feet with immense interest, trying to think of what will happen. "I really don't know Channie..." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his toned chest, stroking his fluffy hair to comfort him.

"I- I don't know what I'll tell my parents Channie." Baekhyun sobbed into Chanyeol's chest, clutching his shirt tightly and scrunching it up. "My m- mum really liked Taeyeon and now I- I don't know wh- what to do." Chanyeol breathed heavily, taking in a large breath of Baekhyun's coconut shampoo before speaking. "Tell her the truth Baekkie, you did nothing wrong, I'm sure she'll have no issue with it." Baekhyun sniffled slightly, his tears subsiding with each of Chanyeol's strokes on his back. "I know she won't be sad with me but, I really wanted to bring someone home to her and make her proud."

Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun and held him by his shoulders, tilting his chin up to face him. "Byun Baekhyun, you are an amazing guy and that's coming from someone who's only known you for two days. You have the most gorgeous features and such a kind heart, You will find someone amazing whom your mother will love even more than Taeyeon. I mean, if your mum has an issue, I'm here and you're free to spend all your time with me because I truly enjoy your company." Baekhyun looked at his feet once again, face crimson with Chanyeol's compliment. "Thank you Chanyeol, I- I hope you find someone amazing too."

"I think I already have", Chanyeol mumbled, staring at the boy who was still looking at the floor. Upon hearing Chanyeol's words, Baekhyun looked up to see Chanyeol staring at him with such an intensity that he felt uncomfortable, yet he couldn't look away. Baekhyun felt a tinge of sadness in his heart, it felt as if a needle stabbed his heart slightly but nevertheless he smiled up at Chanyeol, "You'll have to introduce them to your best friend Channie~." Chanyeol smiled down at the small male thinking, you've already met Baekhyunnie.

The weekend passed by with constant messaging between Chanyeol and Baekhyun as Chanyeol had to leave Baekhyun's house on Saturday to go to his cafe. Monday came round quicker than Baekhyun though it would but, he was excited. After a tiring weekend, tiring because of his thoughts that kept him up, Baekhyun was overjoyed to start his job at Chanyeol's cafe.

Baekhyun brushed his hand through his hair one last time before getting in his car and driving to his destination, Chanyeol's cafe. "Baekhyun! You made it!" Chanyeol's loud voice echoed through the cafe, Baekhyun looked up to smile at the giant behind the counter. Chanyeol was wearing a simple blue jumper with a bear on it and light blue jeans. His face was adorned with a pair of black rimmed circular glasses and his brown curly hair rested neatly on his head.

"Hi Chanyeol." Baekhyun walked over to the counter, sitting in front of Chanyeol, who was serving a customer. "Minseok! Could you watch over the counter for a sec!" A small but muscular man appeared behind the double doors that led to the small kitchen. "Minseok, this is Baekhyun, your new co-worker. Baekkie, this is Minseok." Baekhyun smiled politely to Minseok, offering his hand out to him. Minseok returned the polite smile and shook Baekhyun's hand before attending to the line of customers.

"Let's start then Baekkie?" Baekhyun nodded a yes and got up from the stool to the back of the counter where his giant friend stood.

It was around three pm when Baekhyun got the hand of the coffee machines. "That's perfect! Look at you already on a roll, Mr Byun" Chanyeol cheekily smiled at Baekhyun, showing the smaller his dimple. "I did have a great mentor after all Mr Park", Baekhyun smiled back at Chanyeol. "I'm just gonna check on the pastries, could you just help Minseok out with the orders please?" Baekhyun nodded to Chanyeol and stood beside his new co-worker.

"Baekhyun, could I get two caramel frappes and a box of chocolate macaroons!" Baekhyun quickly scurried over to the frappe machine and made both drinks, he carefully topped them up with whipped cream before pressing the lid on and handing it to Minseok. He then opened the glass doors of the pastry shelves and pulled out five macaroons, carefully placing them in one of the baby blue boxes that had the cafe's logo on it. Minseok thanked the male before proceeding to give him more orders.

At 19:26pm, the cafe was cleaned up and the three males were just putting away the cleaning supplies. "Good job today Baek, you too Minseok." Minseok smiled at his tall friend sending him a thumbs up, "No problem Chan, if you'll excuse me, I have a hungry husband at home, demanding for the pastries you made earlier."bChanyeol laughed and waved bye to Minseok who left the cafe waving back.

"You really did well today Baekkie, I'm glad I was able to hire you before someone else." Baekhyun smiled at his new boss, "I'm glad you found me too Channie." Baekhyun stepped out into the cold night, waiting for Chanyeol to lock the cafe. "Movies and popcorn?".

"Sounds perfect, Baek." Both males strode over to Baekhyun's car, getting inside before driving over to Baekhyun's apartment for a relaxing night.

|| 1247 words :) ||

AN// I already flopped on my updating schedule, smh. I'll try to post another chapter this week since I'm off school but no promises because I kinda suck at this :). Hope ya enjoyed, anyway. Adios mis perdedores <3.