Chapter Twenty Two

"No. You're sitting at the back!"
"No, you!"
"You!"
"Why do I have to sit at the back?"
"Because I have longer legs! It's too cramped!"

Kyo and Yuki shot death glares at each other as they fought over which one would have to sit at the back of the seven seater car. The weekend had arrived. Together, there were a total of six people going to the lake house; Shigure, Amai, Yuki, Kyo, Tohru and Hatori. That meant one person had to sit at the back and Shigure told them that it had to be either Kyo or Yuki.

As Tohru placed some items in the boot, she made a suggestion. "I don't mind sitting at the back."

The two of them instantly stopped arguing and turned to her. Yuki looked at her softly and shook her head.

"That won't be necessary, Miss Honda," he said. "It's quite cramped back there and it's a two hour journey to the lake house. You would be uncomfortable. The only one who should sit back there is the imbecile."
Kyo growled and held up his fist. "You better be talking about yourself!"
Tohru smiled. "It won't be a problem. But it would be nice to have some company back there."
Both Yuki and Kyo jumped in front of her. "I'LL DO IT!" they both yelled in unison.

Again, they shot glares at each other and tried shoving each other out of the way. Then they both fought to get into the back of the car.

"I thought you didn't want to sit at the back, damn rat boy!"
"What happened to your legs being too long, stupid cat?!"

Tohru panicked at seeing them fight and tried to diffuse the situation but to no avail. Amai made her way to the car, followed by Shigure and Hatori, and sighed at the scene in front of her. She placed the basket of food into the boot before making her way over to the fighting boys.

"Okay, enough!"

They both stopped and turned to her. The last thing they wanted was to see her and Shigure kissing.

She folded her arms. "Here is the seating arrangement and no one will have any problems with it. Got it?"
"Yes, ma'am."
"Good. Hatori will be driving, Shigure will be shotgun, Tohru and I will sit in the middle and you boys will sit at the back."
Both of their faces fell in horror. "But-!"
"I swear to god I will kiss him."
Shigure instantly slid over to Amai with a grin on his face. "Does someone require my services?"
Kyo growled loudly. "You're such a pervert!" he yelled before jumping into the back of the car with a huff.
Shigure then pouted as he whined. "How am I being a pervert?"
Amai pinched his cheek. "You're not. Are we ready to go?"
"Yes!"

Yuki sighed deeply and climbed into the other seat in the back of the car. Both he and Kyo made sure to keep themselves looking out of their windows. Amai sat behind Shigure and Tohru on the other side. Once Shigure made sure the house was locked, he got into the passenger seat at the front and Hatori started the car and they began their journey.

The journey itself was so much fun. They played games along the way and everyone joined in, including Hatori. Once they arrived to the lake house, Ayame surprised them - much to the annoyance of Kyo and Yuki. The boys took Tohru out to do some sightseeing whilst the adults stayed back.

Ayame and Hatori wanted to celebrate Shigure's and Amai's engagement. Amai was unsure since she felt it would be in poor taste since the love of Hatori's life was getting married. However, he insisted, claiming that it would make him happier. And so to celebrate, they had a few drinks sitting outside.

Ayame clasped his hands together. "Oh! I simply cannot wait for the wedding preparations to begin! I'll be there front, back and centre. You don't have to worry about a thing. I will take care of everything!"
Shigure laughed. "We wouldn't have it any other way."
"Yes," Amai agreed. "And I really want you to make my dress, Ayame."
He placed his hand on his heart and sniffled happily. "You have given me the greatest gift of all, Amai." He clenched his fist and looked at her seriously. "I swear upon my honour you shall be the most stunning bride the world has ever seen!"
She giggled at his dramatic flare. "I have no doubt."
"And when do you plan on holding the wedding?" Hatori asked.
Shigure sighed softly and took hold of Amai's hand on top of the table. "We've both decided not to marry until the curse is broken."