Chapter Sixteen

Their plan was in place. It was finally Saturday and they were ready to have Amai's memories returned to her. That morning, Tohru commenced their mission. She used up as many ingredients as she could to make a feast for breakfast.

When the boys came down and saw the table full of items, they gave her a thumbs up. Shigure, on the other hand, was completely taken aback.

"So much food! Was someone feeling hungry?" he asked as he sat down.
Tohru laughed nervously. "I guess I got a little carried away. Speaking of which, we need more groceries."
He sweatdropped but smiled. "Tell me how much money you need and you can get as much as you need."

Kyo's eyes widened as he glanced at Yuki. They couldn't have Shigure in the house but he was planning to just give Tohru the money. Yuki looked at her pointedly and she quickly realised what she needed to do.

She suddenly began coughing dramatically. Shigure looked up from his food and looked at her in concern.

"My, are you not feeling well?" he asked.
She coughed again. "I think I'm coming down with something," she said weakly.
"I'm not surprised. You're always working so hard, Tohru." He looked at the boys. "One of you will have to do the shopping."
"I can't," Kyo said immediately. "I have to study for an exam."
"I can't go either," Yuki added. "I have a paper due in on Monday."
Shigure sighed. "Well, I guess it's up to me then. Tohru, write down a list of things you need and I'll leave straight after breakfast. I still need to finish off that book."
She nodded. "Okay! I mean..." She coughed again and said it weskly. "Okay..."

After breakfast, she wrote down a huge list of things and made it as complicated as possible by adding certain brands and how much she needed of each thing. He was a bit confused when he was given the list but he didn't complain. Once he was ready, he got into his car and left.

Literally just minutes later, Amai parked up across the street before making her way to the house. Tohru let her in and they all gathered around the table. Tohru had also made some tea for them and the topic very quickly went onto the mystery of the initials.

"Maybe it's someone from the future," Amai said.
Kyo groaned. "You read way too many books."
"That's not a bad thing," Yuki said. "It would do you good to read something for once."
"I do read!" Kyo yelled.
"Cereal boxes don't count."
"Okay, okay," Amai said calmly. "No fighting. Tohru, what do you think it could be?"
"Hmmm..." She pretended to think. "Maybe it's someone you used to know but can't remember."
Amai tilted her head. "Maybe but I don't think I can just forget someone."
Kyo rolled his eyes. "But a time travelling boyfriend is possible," he mocked sarcastically.
Amai pouted at him. "Okay, Mr Tabby Cat. I admit Tohru's idea is more plausible than mine."
His eyes widened. "What did you call me?"
She blinked a couple of times. "Mr Tabby Cat? You know, 'cause your hair's orange." She gasped. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you! I actually really like your hair and-"
"I know..." He smiled and shook his head. "It's fine."
Yuki sighed. "Anyway, back to the initials. Who do you know whose name begins with an 'S'?"
Amai tapped her chin. "Hmm... Let me think..." She thought for a few seconds. "I can only think of one and that's Shigure. But I very much doubt it's him. I only met him that one time and I've had this necklace for years. Besides, I don't even truly know him."

The other three knew that they had to move onto the next phase. Phase one was complete; getting her to have Shigure in her mind before they get her into the office. But she suddenly gasped, her eyes widening.

"I know who it is..."

They all looked at her.

"Who?" Tohru asked.
"Sebastian!"

They all dropped their heads onto the table while Amai looked at them innocently.

Kyo lifted his head. "As in that demon from the anime?"
"Sure," she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Why not?"
Yuki sighed. "I think we should take a break."
Tohru clasped her hands together. "Can we play hide-and-seek? Please? It's been such a long time since I've played it."
"Pfft, no way," Kyo said, crossing his arms. "I'm not playing a kid's game."
Tohru frowned sadly. "Please, Kyo?"
Amai nodded. "We'll play. And Kyo is going to play, too. Right, Kyo?"
He sighed loudly. "Fine!"