Chapter Thirty Three

To celebrate their freedom, they all decided to hold a celebratory feast at the estate. Hatori and Ayame went and brought back food from a restaurant and everyone dined together. Even Akito sat with them and ate at the head of their makeshift table. She had never even dreamt that she would one day be sitting with everyone as they laughed and conversed joyously. Tohru had truly won everyone's hearts and the younger ones ran around and played.

Shigure and Amai stayed together, joining in with the conversations and enjoying the glee in the atmosphere. Of course Shigure held onto Amai from behind, not once letting go. His arms were wrapped around her shoulders and the top of her chest as she leaned back against him. Since he was quite a bit taller than her, he also rested his chin on top of her head. Amai held onto his arms, smiling and chatting away happily. It all just felt so natural as if they had been holding each other since the very beginning.

She soon tilted her head to the side a little and looked back up at Shigure who smiled down at her with a loving gaze. They were just happy to see everyone be so free. He lowered his head and pecked her lips softly, which she gladly returned.

"I love you," he whispered.
"I love you, too."

Soon, the younger ones started getting tired. Even Tohru looked sleepy as she rested her head on Kyo's shoulder. It had gotten quite late and they had spent a lot of time there.

"I think we should call it a night," Hatori said.
Rin nodded and stood as she carried a sleeping Kisa. "I'll take the little ones home."
"I'll help," Hatsuharu volunteered.

Momiji was also asleep on the floor so he lifted him up and carried him. Hiro, Ritsu and Kagura went with them as well.

"Goodnight, Sensei and Amai," Hatsuharu said as they bid their farewells.
"Goodnight," they both said in unison before they left.
"I am feeling quite tired as well," Akito spoke as she got up to her feet. "Before I go, I suggest we gather this way more often." She smiled softly. "I...quite enjoyed it."
Shigure smiled with a nod. "That's a great idea. I think we would all like that."
Kureno stood and went to Akito. "I'll escort you to your room." He then turned to Amai. "I hope we see each other again soon."
"I hope so, too," she replied happily. "Rest well, Akito."

Kureno aided Akito out of the room. Ayame breathed out deeply before smiling to himself.

"What a weekend it has been," he sighed. "I never would have thought a couple of days ago that we would all be sitting here together."
"I know," Shigure agreed. "Amai, we all truly owe you everything."
She shook her head. "No, you don't. Like I said, you're all my family. There is no debt within family."
Hatori folded his arms and looked at Shigure. "I suppose the next thing to take care of is getting the two of you married."
Ayame suddenly got a burst of energy and started clapping his hands excitedly. "Oh! I simply cannot wait to begin the preparations! Amai, up until the wedding, I am solely in your service!"
She laughed at his reaction. "Of course! Come by tomorrow and we'll start planning."
"Does that mean I'm going to have less time with you?" Shigure whined as he snuggled Amai closer.
"Shigure, you're going to be a part of the planning as well."
"Oh. Yay!" he grinned.
Ayame looked at Yuki. "That means we'll also be able to see each other more often, little brother!"
For once, Yuki quite looked forward to it. "I'd like that."
"Um, guys?" Kyo spoke. "This is exciting and all, but Tohru ain't gonna last much longer."

They all looked at her and she was completely drifting off to sleep. Her head kept dropping off Kyo's shoulder and he couldn't keep holding onto her head.

Tohru spoke whilst half asleep. "Nooo, nooo. I'm okay. You guys keep talking."
Amai found it adorable but made her way to get up. "We should head back."
"Yeah," Shigure agreed. "Come on, kids."
"Ayame and I will take them back to the house," Hatori told them. "It's not too late into the night. You and Amai go away somewhere for tonight."