The Alpha

Chapter 10: The Tell

Hahahaha figured I'd post this early for you. Have fun Angel_Winchester_03

Also, dedicated for being the biggest bean.

~SiriusCatBennett

~Lydia's POV~

"Now, Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever...it is the best sports movie ever made." I don't know why he thought I would change my mind. I wasn't watching some sweaty sports movie.

"No." Staring haughtily forward, I glanced in the rearview mirror to see Rae biting her lip, trying to hold in a smile.

"It's got Jean Hackman and Dennis Hopper." And I care, why?

"No." Pursing my lips, I kept my gaze out the window, ignoring Jackson's irate expressions.

"Lydia. I swear to god you're gonna like it-"

"No." If I had to constantly sit and watch his dumb lacrosse videos, he would have to deal with this.

"I am not watching The Notebook again!" Staring ahead, I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, knowing I would get my way. "I mean, Rae doesn't even wanna watch it."

Spinning around in my driver's seat, I fixed my sister with a steely gaze. At the abrupt movement, she stopped smiling as a fearful but amused expression came over her. "Is that true?"

"Well, I mean, yeah." Glancing over at Jackson I noticed his triumphant expression. Apparently, my sister did as well. "But that doesn't mean I want to watch Jackson's movie either. I want to watch The Breakfast Club."

Looking back at her, I nodded with my head slightly tilted. At least that was a good choice.

Turning back around to face Jackson, I simply stared at him, a twinkle in my eye as I waited for him to get out of the car. Finally, he gave a loud huff, rolled his eyes with a clenched jaw and threw open the car door.

"Hey, hold up. I'm coming with!" Rae exclaimed, trying to climb over the seats instead of pushing it forward. Raising an eyebrow at her, I watched all 12 seconds of shimmying before she succeeded, climbing out of the VW Bug.

Pulling out my phone, I focused all of my attention on how good I looked. I looked damn good. I should take some pictures.

Getting to work on what I thought should be my top priority, I never even noticed what was happening right in front of me.

~Rae's POV~

Jogging to catch up with the broody jock, I pushed open the door to the movie store, hearing him ask where to find The Notebook.

Scoffing, I continued on down the aisles, attempting to find The Breakfast Club.

Oh yeah, I was still getting it.

What Jackson always seemed to forget was that every time Lydia watched this, she would cry and then fall asleep on one or both of us. This gave the opportunity to watch a different movie; one without her say.

Running my fingers over the plastic covers, I passed lots of great movies. The Goonies. Never Ending Story. Lord of the Rings.

Ignoring Jackson's yells for help, I continued scouring the shelves. Instead of yelling, why didn't he just-I don't know-look?

Walking past a ladder, I looked up, confused by the sound of electricity. Frowning, I looked back down. Why would someone leave a light hanging like that?