Flurry of Emotion

Chapter 16: Lunatic pt. 2

Catching a glimpse of my sister down the hall, I started walking a bit faster so I could talk to her before lacrosse practice. Right before I could get there however, someone slid in front of me to block my path.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" Looking up, I realized that it was just Scott.

Smiling, I nodded my head, figuring he wanted to talk about Allison or something. "Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Come here." Following Scott, I realized that he was bringing us to Coach's office. Walking through the door, I propped myself on top of the desk and turned to look at the boy in front of me.

"So, what is it? Are you alright?" I wondered, hoping it wasn't something too serious.

"I'm fine. I just wanted to ask you something." Nodding my head, I waited for him to continue. "Do you, uh, do you know if Allison still likes me?" At the question, a frown appeared on my face. I hated that he was hurting so much right now. I hated that Allison was hurting too but I was still mad at her for breaking my best friend's heart and for what happened at the school. We hadn't talked since.

"Of course she does, Scott." At this, the boy perked up causing a pang to run through my chest. "But right now, it's just as friends. I know she still has feelings for you. Things like that don't just go away, but I don't know when or if she'll get over everything." I hated telling him that, watching his face fall and his head hang down.

"Just friends?" He asked, his voice dejected and forlorn.

"Yeah. I'm sorry Scott. I get where she's coming from with you hiding stuff, but I think she should at least be grateful that you risked your life for her the other night. She wasn't exactly being the best girlfriend that night either." Looking at Scott, he looked a little off. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, but he didn't look like he had a moment ago.

"Are you grateful?" He asked, his voice deeper than usual as he took a few steps forward.

"Of course I am Scott. Are you feeling okay, you look a little-" Before I could finish my sentence, Scott had stepped right in front of me, swooping down as he captured my lips with his own. One of his hands enveloped the left side of my face, while the other grabbed my hip in a vice-like grip.

For a single second, I kissed him back, the shock triggering an automatic reaction. After that second was over, however, it felt like a pail of water had been dumped over me as I reeled back. Pushing Scott off of me, my hand quickly flew up to slap him in the face as I stared at him with wide eyes, unable to comprehend what just happened.

"What the hell, Scott?! You know I'm in love with Stiles." With those words, I quickly scurried around him, running out the door. From there I went directly to the field, climbing the bleachers as I decided that sitting alone was my best option right now.

Pulling out chemistry homework, I got busy with it, hoping to distract myself from the previous moments in my life. It managed to work for a while until I began to hear yelling from the field.

"Danny!"

"Danny.."

"Danny!"

Keying into the voices and what they were saying, my head snapped up as my body followed. Quickly setting down my homework, I sprinted onto the field, pushing past random players to get to my best friend.

"Danny! Danny, are you okay?!" I shrieked, slamming onto the ground on my knees in front of the boy.

Danny slowly nodded his head as I began to rub his arm, hoping to make him feel better.