Misconceptions

Chapter 15: Lunatic 

~Rae's POV~

"Oh my god, will you shut that up." Startled from the unexpected voice, I shot up in bed and looked over to see Derek messing with his pillow, trying to get comfortable as he grumbled.

Apologizing, I quickly turned off my blaring alarm before stretching and getting out of bed. Trying to be as quiet as possible so as not to disturb the still healing wolf on my floor, I walked into my closet to grab some clothes. Finding a cute black skater skirt and a lacey white blouse, I pulled them from their spots and hung them on the door. Spotting my black suede knee-high boots, I grabbed them and placed them next to the doorway before continuing into the bathroom.

As I showered, I thought of the long weekend I'd had

As I showered, I thought of the long weekend I'd had. Derek and I had talked more about the supernatural world and some more about our lives and we'd had a nice time reading books together. I'd managed to get him to start reading The Lord of the Rings and reveled when he said it 'wasn't so bad' and continued reading.

I'd spent yesterday with my sister, making sure she was doing alright after our torturous night at the school. I also talked to her about Jackson and helped her regain some confidence from his dickhead attitude. Seriously, he was getting on my last nerve with the way he'd been treating her.

Finishing up, I dried myself off and slipped my robe on before plugging in my hair drier and going to town on my hair. Once I was done, I went into my room and checked my phone for texts. I had one from Stiles complaining about a hangover and laughed, telling him I'd get him some coffee on the way to school.

Going to the closet, I closed the doors before slipping my clothes and undergarments on. Sliding on socks, I followed them with my boots, pulling them up and over my knees to sit comfortably. Smoothing everything down until I was satisfied, I left the closet and sat at my vanity.

Plugging in my curling iron, I began doing my makeup while I waited. Using minimal coverup for the bags under my eyes, I quickly went on to do my eyeliner, lining my waterline and deciding on a wing for the day. Swiping on some mascara and red lipstick, a grin grew on my face.

Finally, I lightly curled my hair making the red more prominent in doing so. Popping in some dangly gold-colored earrings, I glanced back at the man sleeping soundly on my floor. Glad that I hadn't woken him up, a small smile appeared on my face at the look of content on his own. We'd grown a bit closer over the weekend and I no longer viewed him as the big, grumpy Derek Hale. He had a lot more layers than that. It was good to see him with his guard down, just sleeping peacefully.

Getting up, I made my way over to my bed to get my phone. Grabbing the trench coat that was hanging on the door, I slid it on and put my phone in the pocket. Throwing my bag over my shoulder, I quietly crept out the door and made my way to the kitchen. Grabbing the smoothie I'd made the night before and my keys from next to the door, I continued on my way to the car.