Training Day

Chapter 2: Training Day

I awoke the next morning confused and slightly freaked out, and for once it wasn't because of a dream.

Last night was Friday, the night of the fated Martin party. Allison and Scott had ended up coming together and they looked so adorable. Stiles had come as well but it seemed like he didn't even notice me, or anyone for that matter.

But that wasn't even the weird part.

About an hour or so into the party Scott randomly tore through the house like a mad man and ditched Allison on the dance floor, driving off into the night. About 2.5 seconds after that, Stiles in all his spastic glory, shot through the house, jumped into his Jeep and took off after him. All the while I sat on the stairs inside, staring after them in confusion.

To top off the crazy-ass things that happened, Allison got a ride home with none other than Mr. Private Property, Derek Hale. Why she would trust him? I have no damn clue.

The only thing I did know was that something weird was going on with my two best friends and I needed to figure out what.

All of a sudden Scott was good at lacrosse? Not just good but amazing?! 

I also know for a fact that he was majorly excited about his date with Allison, so why would he run from her at the party? 

And then there was Stiles. He wasn't acting as weird as Scott, but there was obviously still something wrong. He seemed completely distracted at the party and was watching Scott all night. As much as it pained me to say, whenever he actually came to these parties he would watch Lydia, even though he was hanging out with me. And he didn't look at Lydia once last night and didn't even say hi to me when he got there. It was weird.

I sighed and sat up in bed, running a hand through my hair. Looking to the side I noticed that it was 11:26 in the morning, 30 minutes before I needed to be at Danny's.

"Oh, crap," I muttered. Completely forgetting about my strange friends, I slid out of bed, pushing the comforter to the side. I quickly grabbed my phone and sent a text to my favorite goalie.

To Dannyboy: Sorry D, overslept. I'll be a little late <3

I set it back down as I pressed send, not waiting for a reply as I walked quickly to my bathroom. Shutting the door, I took off my pajamas and turned on the shower water, hopping in. Washing my hair I softly sang Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye, wishing I had brought my speaker in for music. About 15 minutes later, I hopped out of the shower wrapped up in a fluffy towel.

Making my way to the closet, I walked to where I kept my comfy clothes. Grabbing a pair of yoga pants, a plain black tank top, and a sports bra, I snagged a pair of underwear from my drawer and made my way back to my bed, throwing them down.

I sat leisurely on the bed, picking up my phone to see if I'd gotten any messages.

Dannyboy: It's cool Rae, that just means you get to pick up coffee. xoxo

Cheeky bastard. I thought to myself as I laughed, sending back a reply.

To Dannyboy: Alright, I guess that's fair. See you soon D <3

Batman: Hey Rae Rae, sorry for running out last night, Scott wasn't feelin so good

I furrowed my brow at that. It seemed like more than not feeling well, but for now, I'd let it go. I had more pressing matters to worry about right now.