Avid Avoidance

Chapter 17: Wolf's Bane

So, I know that in this episode their English teacher is a woman. I didn't see that when I made her schedule so we're just gonna pretend that she is a substitute. :)

~SiriusCatBennett

~Rae's POV~

Waking up once again came with the realization that, no. Everything was not just going to 'work itself out.'

Groaning, I rolled over and threw the blanket over my head, smothering myself with my pillow. Hearing my alarm go off, I slid an arm out of the blankets to grab my phone, quickly shutting it off. Looking over, I ignored the numerous texts and calls from Stiles and Scott from the last two days before scrolling down to read a single message from Derek. 

Grumpy Wolf: You know, I'm getting real tired of being chased

Chuckling softly, I replied: Well that's what happens when you're the most wanted man in California. What happened? 

Backing out of Derek's messages, I scrolled down to see Danny's name highlighted as well. 

Dannyboy: Hey, are you alright?  You weren't at school yesterday. 

Quickly typing out that I'm fine, just took a personal day, I forced myself up and out of bed. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't stay home again. I'd already missed too many days. 

Grumbling to myself, I tossed my phone down on the bed before walking to the closet. Shoulders slumped, I surveyed my options, not really feeling like dressing up. 

Sighing, I grabbed a pair of scuffed-up blue jeans and an oversized, off the shoulder beige sweater. Looking over my shoes, I decided on a pair of red block heels. Finding my red trench coat, I pulled it off the hook and threw it over my arm before grabbing a pair of undergarments. Walking back into my room, I placed everything on the bed before walking to the bathroom. (Match the coat to shoes.)

)

Showering quickly, I thought of how I was supposed to get through today without bumping into Stiles

Showering quickly, I thought of how I was supposed to get through today without bumping into Stiles. We shared half our classes, not to mention we shared permanent seats in Chemistry. We also sat next to each other in English, but luckily we had open seating, meaning I could come in right before the bell rang so I could choose a seat away from him. I could only hope that Harris wouldn't say anything about me sitting elsewhere.