Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13:

After that dreadful day at the cemetery things had been very awkward and tense between the boys and me. Eleanor and Danielle didn’t seem to know anything, which I was thankful for. Today I was heading into work with a brave face but I knew the boys would most likely pry. As I headed up to the recording studio I slid my pass in the door automatically opening it. Inside Savan and the producer Carl were already seated at the control desk and the boys were doing their vocal arm ups. I acknowledged them with a curt nod before sitting down in my chair, placing my handbag on the tiny shelf behind us that held our personal belongings.

“Alright boys, who’s up first” Savan mused scanning over his notes.

“That would be Zayn! Into the booth and we’ll have a crack at the second verse” He announced after a minute. Settling into my seat I gently rested my fingers on the control panel ready to adjust the microphone and any other things. As soon as Zayn started singing I adjusted the microphone settings to produce the best recording of Zayn’s beautiful voice. After a few hours of recording with various boys we had a couple good recordings but they all seemed to be distracted.  

“Boys! What has gotten into you? None of you are focusing!” Carl shouted, he was usually pretty easy going but I can understand where his frustration is coming from.

“Sorry Carl, it’s just a lot of stuff has been going on” Liam sighed and there was a rumble of agreements from the other boys. I avoided eye contact and busied myself organizing the recordings.

“Well sort it out lads, we need this done. Go have a break for lunch and clear your heads” He finally instructed defeated. The boys nodded grabbing their things and heading out of the studio.

“You can have a break too if you’d like. I’m going to quickly work through these recordings before we do some more” Carl smiled kindly at me. Nodding I grabbed my handbag and exited the studio only to be cornered by Niall.

“Want to hang out after work?” Niall asked a smile on his face.

“Uh sure, you can come over to mine if you want” I replied shifting my bag on my shoulder.

“Sounds good to me” He grinned before chasing off after the others. Chewing on my lip I exited Syco and walked the short 5 minutes down to a cute café on the corner, I ordered one of their delicious caramel macciatos and salad wrap. The food here was absolutely amazing! As I ate I watched all the people flash by, my phone buzzed in my handbag so I pulled out but seeing it was from Noah I just locked it and returned it to my handbag. I didn’t want to deal with this idiot right now. I finished off the last of my meal and smiled at the waitress before leaving the café and heading to the cute little boutique that I’d seen a few streets away. My flats slapped against the pavement rhythmically, the cool breeze blew at my hair that was pulled into a high ponytail with perfected curled. Stepping into the boutique the strong smell of vanilla washed over me, instantly calming me. I browsed through the racks and came across an absolutely gorgeous dress. My lips curled into a smile as I ran my fingers over the soft material.

“Hi how can I help you” A cheery voice interrupted my thoughts making me jump slightly.

“Oh hi, I was just admiring this gorgeous dress” I smiled and she nodded.

“I know right! I absolutely love it” She replied a happy grin on her face.

“I think you should try it on, I think it would look gorgeous on you” She exclaimed and I raised my eyebrows.

“You think?”

“Oh course! Now go on, I need to see this!” She declared grabbing the dress and placing it in my hands before practically shoving me into the changing room. I chuckled quietly to myself; this girl was quite a character. She couldn’t be more then 17 or 18 and she seemed like one of those fun loving girls who doesn’t have a care in the world. I slid the dress over my body after removing my original clothes, the fabric seemed to mold to my body. I gave a little twirl and admired the beautiful dress in the mirror. Stepping out of the changing room I grinned at the young shop assistant who gasped.