Chapter Nine

SHOUT OUT TO: Lollie101  &  emilyyrookss 

Chapter 9:

Catch up at the pool tomorrow. U in? xx

I sighed reading the text from Sky and ran a hand through my hair, which was still damp from my shower. I clicked reply but I pondered over my answer before typing a reply.

Sure what time

I replied and after a minute she replied telling me that I could meet them there at 2pm so I chucked my phone onto my bedside table before flopping down onto my bed tiredly. I’d been on a late shift last night catering for a party so I was pretty tired. I was settled down in my bed with my new book when my phone’s shrill ringtone burst through the quiet room, groaning I reached out blindly and when my hand made contact with the slim phone I hit answer and held it to my ear, not bothering to check the called ID.

“Hello?”

“Hey” Eleanor’s sweet voice chimed and I smiled into the receiver.

“Hi there, what’s up?” I asked casually as I placed my book down.

“Not much, just reminding you that you promised to come hang out with everyone tomorrow at Lou’s apartment!” She replied and I heard shuffling in the background and a thump of the phone been passed.

“Hey belle” Louis cheerful voice broke through loudly and I heard Eleanor giggling in the background. Louis had taken to calling me Belle since he got confused with Eleanor being called El and me being Ellie so I now had a new nickname so it was easier to decipher who was who when we were all together.

“Hey Lou”

“You looking forward to hanging out with the swag-master from Doncaster?” He exclaimed and I laughed.

“I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it Lou!” I cried faking worry and he just scoffed.

“Sure you can, you just gotta have swag!” He yelled and I winced as I felt my ear ring slightly.

“Lou give me back my phone” Eleanor’s voice came from the background and there was a loud shuffling noise again. Eleanor was once again back on the phone and we had a quick conversation before we hung up. Yawning loudly I decided I’d text Sky later and tell her I couldn’t come because id’ forgotten I already had plans but for now that could wait. Curling up on my bed I slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I curled up comfily under my duvet, the curtains were letting cracks of sunlight through, dimly lighting up my room. Swinging my legs out of my bed I dragged myself upright and stumbled downstairs pulling my hair out of my face into a knot on top of my head.

“Hi bro” I muttered pouring myself a cup of freshly brewed coffee and letting it warm my insides, waking me up a bit.