Chapter 8

***Sorry for taking so long to post but I was being lazy and watching netflix...also THE NEW AVERNGERS TRAILER GOT LEAKED AND OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED/NERVOUS FOR THIS MOVIE!! THEY ALL LOOKED SO SAD AND HURT AND AHHHHH I WANTED TO CRY

anywayysssss here's the next chapter, and there's a new character involved yay! I'm really excited to write more with the new character but i haven't quite decided what the final character arc should be so we'll see how that goes but if you have any suggestions for her let me know i'm pretty open to anything :) 

as always thanks for reading and commenting and voting on my story it makes me so happy!! YAY!! Alright I'll shut up now so you can read the chapter!! 

--Hannah**

Black Widow looked out of the conference room window that she, along with the rest of the Avengers, Fury, and Coulson had just been sitting. The window faced Oscorp, a building second to the the Avengers, only because it housed the world’s most notorious villains, H.Y.D.R.A, and now it housed two to SHIELDS own, Tony and Peter. Nat was replying the security video from the lab over and over in her head, trying to understand how HYDRA managed to get into Stark Tower undetected, no one can do that, it’s impossible. The rest of the Avengers had left the conference room over half an hour ago but Nat was trying to figure things out for herself. Why? How? And where were they now? Granted HYDRA had taken them back to Oscorp, being their headquarters and all, but what were they going to do now that they had Peter’s blood? And what about Tony? Is he dead? HYDRA didn’t necessarily need him, so he could be dead, and so could Peter. Nat sighed and leaned against the window, behind her the door opened.

“Nat, come on, down to the lab. One of the techies might have found something.” It was Clint. Nat sighed and turned around.

“How could this have happened? No one ever gets through our security!” Nat exclaimed, frustrated.

Clint nodded, “That’s why I’m here, one of the techies might have found out how they got past security. And I’m also here to tell you, not to beat yourself up. We’ll get them back.”

“Yeah but will we get them back alive?” Nat responded.

Clint said nothing, turned away and lead her out of the room and down to the lab that Peter and Tony were last seen in.

*****

Along with the tech, Nat, and Clint, the rest of the Avengers and Fury were down in the lab. Once everyone was there Fury signaled the techie to start explaining what she found.

“Alright well everyone here is looking too closely at what they can see in the video, but what about what they can’t see? The video playback didn’t have sound right?”

“Does this have a point?” Fury stated, his impatience showing.

The young girl nodded, her light brown ponytail swishing with her movement, “Well I figured out a way to get sound on the video by switching up some of the playback codes and installing a speaker in the recorder. I was able to gather some of the sound that was played during the attack. Along with that, I was able to hack into the camera itself. See, just because what we could watch was cut out the camera still recorded it.”

The group listening moved in closer as the young tech pulled a high-tech tablet out of her white lab coat, pressed a few buttons and pulled up the tape from the security footage. The video was the same, Peter and Tony talking, but this time some of their conversation could be heard. It was boring stuff, things about tools and building things, stuff Nat really didn’t have a lot of interest in.