Chapter 1

“No, he’s just a kid! You can’t just go barging into his life and throwing into S.H.I.E.L.D. It’s not fair to him!”

Director Fury raised his eyes, “Everyone at S.H.I.E.L.D joined when they were a kid, what’s so different about this kid. Besides he’s valuable, we need him.”

“Fine, I’ll admit he could potentially give us an edge, but I don’t think it’s right.” Agent Coulson argued, the older agent sighed and picked up the file which Director Fury had given him.

Fury watched as Coulson flipped through the tan file on their next recruit for the special heroes team he had assembled a few years prior, The Avengers, “Peter Parker, a.k.a Spider Man. He was injected with radioactive spider blood a few years ago, due to an accidental spider bite and personally saved New York when Electro came to be last year and stopped the Lizard incident the year before. His father was a scientist at Oscorp, which specialized in genetic manipulation.”

Coulson nodded, as he read the boy’s file, as he was soon going to be paying Peter a visit, “Oscorp, don’t we have evidence that they work for H.Y.D.R.A? How do we know that Mr. Parker here doesn’t work for them as well?”

“Peter Parker, doesn’t know much about his parents, and we’re going to keep it that way. He knows that his parents were killed in a plane crash right after they left him at his Aunt and Uncle’s house in New York City. He’s previous girlfriend had also worked for Oscorp although now that she’s dead, that doesn’t matter.” Fury explained, “What he doesn’t know is his father’s connections to S.H.I.E.L.D or H.Y.D.R.A and what exactly his father’s research was for. Now Agent Coulson, perhaps you should pay your visit to Mr. Parker now?”

Agent Coulson nodded, “Yes, sir.”

*******

Peter laid on his bed, holding up a picture of himself and Gwen the day of graduation that Aunt May had taken. He sighed, tacked the picture back up to his white walls, grabbed his backpack and stumbled downstairs.

“Aunt May? I’m going out!” Peter called to his Aunt. Aunt May and his late Uncle Ben had taken him in when his parents abandoned him when he was little. Aunt May’s hair was a dark brown and usually attempted to be tamed in a ponytail as it was now. Her grey-green eyes shone with worry, “Don’t be late for dinner!”

“I won’t be, promise.” Peter answered as he strolled out of the door. He took a few steps before taking off into a run, he glanced around quickly and then shot up into the air using his homemade web shooters. Peter grinned as he flew through the air, landing on the top a random skyscraper that clustered the city. Peter closed his eyes and listened to the noises of the bustling city, the trucks cars blaring their horns at inattentive pedestrians. The dogs barking at one another as they pass on the sidewalks. The thousands of different voices all jumbling together. Peter opened his eyes as he sensed something behind him, he jumped up and turned around.

“Peter Parker?” The man asked, he was wearing a professional dark suit and dark sunglasses to match. His hair was grey and begining to disappear, although the man didnt seem to mind as he stood tall and commanding in front of Peter.

“Um, yeah sorry I was just -- I ...” Peter nervously glanced around trying to come up with an excuse as to why he was up here in the first place.”

The man hinted at a smile, “I’m Agent Coulson. I would like to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative.”

Peter’s jaw dropped. He knew about The Avengers, everyone did. THey saved New York City from a freaking alien invasion. Of course this was before Peter had been bitten and therefore couldn’t really partake in that battle.

“Wha-- Avengers? Really? Me?” Peter stammered.

“Director Fury has personally sent me here to bring you back to hq. He wants you to be apart of our team. Especially seeing how you handled yourself with Electro last summer he feels that you should be invited to join S.H.I.E.L.D and the other avengers.” Coulson replied.

"Me? An avenger?" Peter drew in a breath, "How do I know you're the real deal and not H.Y.D.R.A? Or Oscorp trying to kill me?And how did you find me?"

Coulson smiled a little, "If you don't believe me you don't have to come, but I'd recommend that you do, oh and Peter we know where everyone is."

Peter stared at the middle aged man for a moment before shrugging and following the man back down the stairs from which he came.

******

"Oscorp needs to be eliminated from the picture! We know the have the research and power to accomplish the genetic modifications that H.Y.D.R.A wants. If Oscorp isn't taken out then who knows what they'll do!" A male voice shouted, increasing in volume with each statement.

"We can't defeat them yet. For one we don't have enough proof and two we don't know who's in charge there or who are the innocent bystanders." Another somewhat deeper voice responded.

"I agree with Cap. we can't just go barging into the second most high tech corporation in the city acting like we know everything we need more evidence." A female voice reasoned.

Coulson and Peter walked into the conference room, interrupting the intense conversation between Captain America, Black Widow, and Iron Man, Peter recognized the Avengers from TV and magazines and such. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't hide from the media. The conference room was large, larger than it needed to be, but since Peter was standing in a Stark Industries conference room it would be over the top. The room itself was plain, the walls painted white and a large glass table sat in the middle of the room. Large, black office chairs surrounded the table, a sharp contrast to the rest of the pale room. Three of these chairs were occupied by the previously mentioned avengers, all of whom looked up when Peter and Coulson entered.

"Alright Coulson, you know we love you and everything but we're kind of in the middle of an important conversation and now is really not the time for your interns to meet us." Tony Stark, or Iron Man when he was in his suit, began, adding his signature sarcasm to his tone.

Coulson smiled, "Thank you, Mr. Stark. I'm glad I'm loved so much by the Avengers." Tony shrugged as the other to Avengers looked between the two men, "But this is no intern of mine. This is Peter Parker, the newest addition to The Avengers."

All three of their mouths dropped open. Natasha Romanoff, or Black Widow spoke first, "Did Fury Ok this?" Disbelief in her voice.

Coulson nodded, "You might know Peter here better by his other name, Spiderman."

Peter looked down, embarrassed. Here he was trying to fit into the most elite spy/hero squad on the face of the planet, he had only just acquired his abilities a year or so earlier, whereas these guys were professionals, he didn't belong.

"You've got to be kidding me! He's just a kid!" Stark responded. Peter looked up at him, though he was about ten years younger than the older man, he wasn't a kid. Peter had saved this city enough times and lost too much to still be a kid. Besides he was twenty now, that's old enough, "Yeah, I'm a kid who can hear everything your saying."

"Well at least his hearing works." Natasha remarked. The Captain who had been quiet until now smiled at Natasha's comment, though it made Peter roll his eyes.

Suddenly Coulson slapped his hands together, "So, I'll let you guys get to know each other. Just make sure you introduce him to the others as well, Fury's orders." With that Coulson left the room, leaving Peter alone with three of the most famous, talented, and powerful people he knew.

***Sorry for the short chapter but the as the story goes on the chapteres will get longer and more exciting! I'll update the next chapter soon! Please comment and vote or whatever it is you do! Thanks!****