Truth Revealed

My eyes slowly blinked open, adjusting to the light. Sitting up, everything swirled for a moment and my head throbbed. Thoughts raced through my mind, mainly trying to figure out what exactly had happened. When it all came back to me, I quickly looked around. I was in a room I had never seen before, with the door closed. My heart sped up a bit at the thought of where I might be, but then voices caught my attention. Voices I knew.

“Well, how are things?” asked Blake.

“We’re safe for now, but I’m not sure for how long. Jake will no doubt be coming after her soon enough, and I wouldn’t put it past him to bring help,” replied Xavier, and my heart dropped.

Jake, the guy I had just met today and thought I could somewhat trust. I don’t know why I had been so stupid then. Maybe it was because of what had happened earlier, I just wanted someone I could talk to. Someone who wouldn’t spring any surprises on me, and Jake had seemed like that guy at first. So much for it now, though.

“What about her? I mean, I’m supposed to have her back home in less than and hour for her birthday party and everything,” said Blake.

“She’s not going back. From what I can tell her parents are in on this whole thing. Look at what’s happened so far and everything. Do you really think they had no idea what she was? And knowing my father, they’re working for him ,” replied Xavier.

Everything seemed to freeze at that moment. My parents in on it? That just wasn’t possible. And what did he mean by what I was? I was human, that’s all I could be. And yet, I knew I had to be more. If I wasn’t, how could I have heard what Blake was thinking earlier, read those words I had never seen before, stopped Xavier’s fist so easily?

Holding my head in my hands I closed my eyes. Why did it all have to be so complicated, and why me? I didn’t even know what I was, or even who I was. My name was probably fake, my life all planned out and manipulated. For what? So I could marry Jake, for whatever reason there was.

Then the thought hit me. Blake was acting as if this was just another day. That meant he had to have knowledge about the existence of things other than humans. Letting my hands drop, I slipped out of bed, feeling a small pain in my stomach. I had almost forgot the wound Jake had given me.

Lifting the bottom of my bloody shirt, I just stared for a moment. The wound was far from bleeding anymore, it was almost completely healed. But that was impossible. Then again, what was impossible anymore?

Walking over to the door, I paused for a moment. What was I going to say when I opened it and had Blake and Xavier staring at me? Taking a deep breath I pushed the thought away and reached my hand out. Whatever came out, came out.

Xavier and Blake’s surprised faces met me when the door opened. It made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I was determined to figure out what was going on. And I had been told I was quite stubborn when my mind was made up, like it was now. “What’s going on?” I asked, looking from one to the other. “And what am I?”

There was silence for a moment as Blake and Xavier exchanged looks. They obviously weren’t expecting me to overheard them, or be asking so outright. What did they expect? For me to sit around and wait to be told while I was on the hit list of some guy? That wasn’t my idea of a good plan. Finally, Xavier let out a small sigh and leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. “You’re an angel. What kind exactly, we have no idea right now. Only time will tell, but it’s running out. And quickly.”

An angel. Of all things I was an angel. I guessed it could be worse, but what was so special about an angel? Couldn’t they just choose any angel and it would all be fine? Then my mind ran the one word Xavier had said: Kind. What kind of angel I was. That meant they weren’t all the same, which explained things a bit more. “What kinds are there?” I questioned.

“There’s three main, with several subgroups. The first is guardians, the most common. They do what you’d expect, what over their charge and make sure nothing serious happens to them. The second is messenger. Their name tells you everything. And the last is Elemental, or Warrior angels. Either name is used, but they’re the same. Very few angels claim those spots. They’re basically Heaven’s defense and in charge of keeping the world’s balance in order,” Xavier explained.

My mind ran over the new information several times. I was surprised how calm I was right now. This kind of news should have had me stressed or shocked or something out of my mind. Yet, I was acting as if I was simply being told a homework assignment. The only reason I could think for it was because I was an angel, and so my mind was adapting to the new change. Plus, with someone after me I had to keep thinking logically and not let my emotions get in the way, right? “How do you tell what kind I am?”

It was silent again as the two exchanged looks again. “I really don’t know. You’re normally told by your parents,” said Xavier, pausing at the last world. “but, yours aren’t exactly angels. They’re just humans, which means they can’t tell you. You’d have to find another, more experienced angel to tell you that.”

“Like Lance,” said Blake, and my eyes darted over to him. “He’s an angel, so he should be able to tell us, right? I know exactly where to find him. Plus, I’m sure he’d be happy to help us out.”

Looking back over at Xavier I could see the dislike in his face. Which raised another question: What were the two guys standing in front of me? Thinking for a moment, I knew Blake couldn’t be an angel, else he’d be able to tell. And with the way him and Blake didn’t get along, Xavier certainly wasn’t, either. “If I’m an angel, what are you two?”

Blake looked at me a bit surprised, as if the thought of me asking that specific question had never crossed his mind. “Well, I’m a half angel. My mother is an angel, and my father is a human,” replied Blake.

Nodding, I turned my attention to Xavier again, waiting for his answer. His eyes were focused away from me and I could tell he didn’t want to answer. But, what was so bad about it. He couldn’t be anything that terrible. After all, he did save my life.

“I’m the devil’s son.”

Or, maybe it could be that bad.

---------------------------------

Hey everyone! I'm really glad you've been reading my story (and sticking with me through my disappearances), and special thanks to all that commented. I can never have enough comments lol

Anyways, something crossed my mind that I think would be fun to do. I was wondering what kind of angel you were thinking Riley was. Put one of the three groups, and if it's Elemental/Warrior, then put which one.

You can also put what you think Blake might be, if you want.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing what all answers I get ^.^

(Note: Answers will not effect what she is. I already have that in mind, and have since the beginning (= )