The Four Sisters

I was currently sitting in a room that had been declared mine, until after the wedding. Then I’d be moving into a room with Jake. The thought made a chill run up my spine. There was no way I was going to marry that guy. Not only because I seriously hated him, but because of what it would do to the world. I had to find Xavier and get him out of here before everything happened, and I didn’t have much time.

One thing I did have to admit was that they knew how to decorate. The room looked like one out a some famous person’s house. There was a large bed with night tables on either side of it, a desk along the wall, a rather comfy looking chair, a dresser and a few other things. Right now the bed was being used at my seat as I tried to figure out just how to find Xavier.

This place was huge, I had known that before I stepped foot in it. But now that I was here, it seemed much, much bigger than I had imagined. So far I hadn’t heard anything, and I doubted I would until everything was set in motion after the wedding. They all knew why I was here, and they were going to use that as leverage to make sure I cooperated. Well, they were going to learn the hard way that I had no intention of becoming anyone’s wife. And I liked the world just the way it was. Well, mostly.

Minutes passed and I soon found a knock at the door. Turning my attention to it as it opened I found Jake standing there, a smirk on his face. That guy really rubbed me the wrong way, and I couldn’t wait to turn the tables on him. Surely having his bride run off with his younger brother would really put a dent in his ego. Yea, that was a thought I really liked. “Come on,” he said, and without waiting to see if I would follow or not he turned and left.

For a second I thought about making a run for it and seeing if I could find Xavier, but now wasn’t the right time. I had to trust that the others wouldn’t abandon me. Once they created their diversion I could make my move and find Xavier. Hopefully he’d last that long, otherwise I had no idea what would happen.

So for now I stood up and walked out the door, just in time to see Jake turn the corner down the hallway. Well, how nice of him. Deciding it was best not to get lost in this place I ran to the corner and around it, nearly plowing into someone I hadn’t seen before. They gave me an odd look before I darted by them, not liking the way their yellow eyes had stared at me. Why did there have to be so many different creatures?

Somehow I managed to catch up with Jake just before he walked into another room. Waiting inside was a few other people, all girls. I had a feeling they weren’t what they appeared to be, and when one grinned and I caught sight of pointed teeth I knew they weren’t. What they were, I didn’t have the slightest clue. “They’ll help you figure out a dress for our wedding. Feel free to be as picky as you like,” said Jake, then turned and left again, leaving me alone with the four other girls.

“Well, aren’t you the lucky one. Getting to marry Prince Jake. You know, everyone says he’s daddy’s favorite, but I think otherwise,” one of the girls started, getting smacked in the back of the head by another one, who received a hiss.

“Shut up, Acele. Just because he rejected you doesn’t me he isn’t Satan’s favorite,” another said, moving from he place on one of the small tables that lined the wall.

“Says you. You were always too chicken to even talk to him, Hyza,” Acele shot back.

This time Hyza was the one who hissed, but before anything could happen one of the others stepped in. “Stop it, girls. You’re acting like a bunch of humans.”

That made the two be quiet, but they continued to shoot glares at each other. I found it kind of hard to believe that they actually lived down here, and that Jake trusted them to help me with a dress. “Ignore those two. They’re always bickering,” she said, turning her attention to me. “I’m Sennetta, you already know those two, and this is Ysane,” she said, motioning towards the last girl, who barely even acknowledged it.

“Um, I’m Riley….” I replied, not sure what else to do.

“Riley? That doesn’t sound like the name for a future queen. I say we call you Zrye,” said Hyza.

Sennetta sighed and shook her head, obviously getting a bit tired of the girl’s interruptions. “And Jake sounds like the name for a king? Xavier is a better name for that,” Acele commented and everyone grew silent.

“That name is not to be mentioned, Acele. Not unless you’d prefer to spend the next few days elsewhere,” Sennetta hissed.

It seemed even Xavier’s name wasn’t something they liked to hear down here, but it gave me a bit of hope. Maybe since they were so fearful of using it it meant he was still alive. I really hoped so. But now I needed to figure out just how to find out for sure, and then his location. Easier said than done, especially with everyone being hush-hush about it. This was going to be much harder than I thought.

“Ok, well let’s get to work. Now come over here so we can get some measurements,” Sennetta instructed.