It Ends

It's almost over. Probably only a few more chapters left. But then, a SEQUEL! Woot! Definitely looking forward to writing it ^.^

Let me know what you think about this chapter. I'm sure a few things will surprise you. So comment, plz? Really, I could care less about votes (though it's still nice), I just like the comments (=

----------------------------------------------------

Everything seemed to freeze in those few moments as eyes landed on the two. For a split second I thought that maybe it was over, that Jake would be dead. But as soon as I thought that I realized how stupid it really was. Jake wasn’t human, he wouldn’t be killed so easily.

Then my eyes met Xavier’s once more, and he gave a small nod. That was all I needed to know what to do. We might not have ever fought together, but for some reason it was easy to understand what he was saying, and vise versa.

The next second went by in a blur as I knocked the two people off of me and Xavier did the same. Jake had already recovered and the coward was running. One quick look at Xavier and Zyten told me everything I needed and I was off after him. Tonight everything was going to end, and as much as I hated it, I was going to be the one that had to do it. Not Xavier, not Zyten or Dakkone, only me.

I could see Jake’s figure up ahead as he continued in the direction opposite of Sathe’s club. At least I wouldn’t have to worry about him trying to drag anyone else into this fight.

Then he stopped and turned around to face me, and it was only then that I realized we were in the park. The very place I had subconsciously avoided since I was six years old, all because of one reason. This was the place my parents had lost their lives and where my life had changed forever.

“I can tell you know where we are,” he said, his voice drifting on the breeze. “I figured it was a good place to end all this.”

“I’d hate to stain this place with your blood, but I’m sure my parents will understand,” I replied, not letting him get to me like I knew he was trying to.

For a moment he was silent, and I guessed he was trying to figure out another way to tip things in his favor. I refused to let anything he said get to me, and as most people knew I was very stubborn when I put my mind to something. Then again, something like this was a bit different than anything else that had ever happened in my life.

A grin slowly spread across his face, and I knew something was up. “There is another reason I brought you here. Zyten might have been able to get away, but not everyone else was so lucky.”

His words sent a chill up my spine. This wasn’t good. And I soon found out why.

It was as if the body was slowly being pushed from one of the big oak trees, then stopped so that he was held there by his wrists and ankles. My eyes went wide, then they narrowed as I focused on Jake once more. “Let him go,” I growled.

This did nothing more than amuse Jake, which only ticked me off that much more. “Oh, what’s wrong, honey? I thought you’d be happy to see your brother again.”

My hands clenched and unclenched into fists a few times as I stared at him. If anything this was going to make me that much more determined to end all this here and now. Before he could say anything I was on him, the blade of my scythe barely missing the flesh of his neck as he jumped back.

“Seems I’ve hit a nerve,” he said with a smirk, hopping back a few more feet.

“You really have no idea who you’re messing with,” I said, my voice eerily calm and cold.