Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Claribelle's POV

I felt bad for my mate as he stood there awkwardly, everyone in the room trying not to kill him. He had saved me after all. I decided I should put a stop to the glare-fest.

"Guys, he also saved me today," I told them. They didn't stop glaring. "Maybe if you guys would stop glaring, he could explain himself," I added.

He smiled slightly at me, even as everyone else in the room continued to glare at him. I smiled back before looking around, waiting for someone, anyone, to stop glaring at my mate and set an example for the rest in the room.

No one did.

Getting sick of it, I glared at all of them, while they continued to glare at him. "That's it, get out!" I told them angrily, feeling protective of my mate even after everything he'd done to me.

Everyone's eyes swiveled to me in shock. My mom was the only one who was looking at me with pride in her eyes.

"What?" Levi asked, not able to believe that I'd just kicked them all out of the room. Everyone but my mom pretty much echoed his statement with their facial expressions.

"I want everyone out of my room," I declared. "You're all being ridiculous. I want to talk to my mate, alone, maybe even learn his name," I added.

"Damien," he spoke, looking directly into my eyes. "My name is Damien."

I smiled over at him, beyond happy to finally have a name to put to his beautiful face. It was fine and all, calling him my mate, but a name was even better. I looked expectantly at everyone in the room, waiting for them to leave so I could learn more about the handsome werewolf in front of me. Nobody moved.

"Technically speaking," my mom began, "this is my room." She grinned at me and winked while the other vampires in the room smiled victoriously at me, thinking they'd won the argument. They were so childish sometimes! "And on that note, I want everyone out of my room," she added.

All the vampires groaned and I couldn't help but laugh, noticing that Damien was trying not to do the same. "Ceci!" Uncle Xavier complained.

"Out," my mom ordered. "Belle deserves to speak with her mate in private."

I watched in amusement as my little mother pushed every single person out of the room, one by one. Yes, they were so childish that not one moved until she pushed them individually out of the room. Damien stood in the corner, watching with a slight smile on his face. It disappeared when my mom turned to face him after getting everyone out of the room.

"You hurt my daughter again and you'll wish you'd never been born," she declared, staring intently at him until he nodded.

She smiled, coming over to kiss my forehead before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. I wouldn't be surprised if she was standing out in the hallway, quiet as a church mouse, eavesdropping.

Damien remained in the corner of the room, awkwardly shifting his weight between his feet. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why don't you take a seat?" I suggested, waving at the bed I was laying on.

He moved slowly to the bed and sat on the end, folding his legs up so that he could sit facing me. He stared at me, waiting for me to begin the conversation.

"Why did you save me?" I asked of him.

"Because you're my mate," he responded, not having to think about his answer at all. It was a reflex response and I knew there was more to why he had saved me than just the fact that I was his mate.