Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Claribelle

Alice had set up quite a spread of food, along with some of the other women in the pack. There was a taco bar set up, three different kinds of meatballs, sloppy joes, a small sandwich bar, some different kinds of salads, including potato and pasta salads, and a large dessert spread. The desserts included pies, cakes, cookies, pudding, and cupcakes.

The group lined up along the tables and began filling their plates before moving to the seating area. Damien and I headed for the taco bar, he grabbed some lemonade and we looked for a place to sit.

Noticing his parents sitting at a table already, I lead him over there, sitting down across from his mom while Damien sat in front of his dad. We were seated in the middle of the table with a spot open on the other side of each person.

"How are you guys doing?" I asked Damien's parents.

"This is certainly a unique experience," Ashley replied, giving me a small smile.

I nodded in agreement as Levi and Xavier joined us. Levi sat beside me while Xavier took a seat across from him and next to Ashley. I noticed Alexander tense and decided to get the introductions out of the way.

"Ashley, this is my uncle Xavier and his best friend, Levi," I told her. "Guys, this is Ashley and Alexander, Damien's parents."

Ashley smiled and shook hands with both of them while Alexander watched them distrustfully. Levi nudged my leg under the table and I had to hold back a laugh. He was making fun of Alexander for fearing him and Xavier.

I couldn't stop the smile on my face though.

Before I knew what was happening, Jerome slid into the seat beside Alexander, making him jerk slightly and Ashton slid into the seat beside Damien.

"Hey, Damien!" Ashton greeted brightly, slapping him on the back. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good," Damien replied with a grin. "Ashton, these are my parents, Alexander and Ashley. Mom, dad, this is Ashton. He's one of the coven's battle strategists."

Alexander nodded to him, looking even more uncomfortable than before. Obviously the werewolf wasn't liking being completely surrounded by vampires. Unfortunately, I was enjoying it and so were the others. I could tell by the grins on their faces.

"Jerome," Jerome stated, holding out his hand and staring Alexander in the eyes challengingly. "I'm the coven leader."

Alexander stared at him for a moment, before reaching out and shaking his hand. "Alexander. Alpha to the Black Moon Pack. This is my mate, Ashley."

Jerome reached around him to shake her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Luna Ashley," Jerome told her smoothly.

"You as well, Jerome."

I smiled. At least Damien's mom was taking all this in stride. As I took a bite of the taco, my mom slid by behind me, dropping a goblet of blood on the table for me and winking as she disappeared again.

Alexander stared at it in disgust and I rolled my eyes. I ignored him, taking a sip from the goblet and then going back to my tacos.

Max pulled up a chair at the end of the table, sitting between Levi and Xavier. "You guys are mean," he commented casually as he took a bite of his sloppy joe.

"Mean?" Levi questioned.

"What are you talking about?" Xavier asked as well.

"We are not mean!" Ashton exclaimed, sounding affronted.