Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Claribelle's POV

"Clari!" Jerome called happily, walking forward to pull me into his arms. Today was the day of the barbeque with Damien's pack and Jerome was here early to make sure that the bar was set up and fully stocked before the party.

I hadn't seen the coven much outside of training for the past couple weeks because I'd been spending as much time as possible with Damien's pack to try to get them used to me. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if Damien gave up leading his pack because of me. I was doing everything I could think of to keep that from happening.

"Hey, Jerome!" I greeted, hugging him tightly.

"You've been suspiciously absent from the club lately, little missy," Jerome stated, pulling back slightly to look down at me with raised brows.

"I know, I'm sorry," I apologized, smiling slightly. "I've been with Damien's pack, trying to get them used to me. I missed you guys, though."

I was suddenly yanked to the side before being thrown over someone's shoulder, squealing the entire way. From the replying chuckle, I knew Levi had me. "We missed you too, Belle!" he yelled happily, throwing a couple more chairs over his other shoulder and holding me firmly with just one arm.

"Uncle Levi!" I yelled as my body banged against his back in time with his steps. "Put me down!"

"No can do, Belle!" he chirped. "You haven't come to see us except for training and now I'm going to keep you right here until I think you've spent sufficient time with me."

I couldn't help laughing at his outrageous statement and I struggle to get out of his hold. His hold was tight and secure and I was unable to do anything. Giving up, I crossed my arms and decided to just enjoy the ride.

"Morning, Belle!" Uncle Xavier called as he walked by, balancing a table across his shoulders with the legs sticking up in the air.

"Hey, strangers!" Levi called, waving after he tossed the chairs down beside the table Xavier had just sat down. I peeked around his side to see Damien, his parents and Cole walking towards us.

Cole was watching Levi with wide eyes when he noticed me over his shoulder, but Damien and his parents were grinning.

"Hey, Levi," Damien greeted. "What did Clari do?"

"You guys have been monopolizing her!" Levi accused. "I've decided she's staying right here until I think she's learned her lesson."

I put my hands on Levi's waist to push myself slightly to the side to see them all better. "It's good to see you guys again," I said to Alexander, Ashley and Cole. "Levi is being an idiot, but if you talk to Jerome or my Uncle Eli, they'll find something for you to do."

"Good morning, Claribelle," Alexander greeted me, smiling before he headed across the lawn to where Uncle Eli and my dad were discussing something. Ashley patted my back and smiled before following her mate.

I saw my salvation walking up behind Damien. "Frieda!" I cried. "Help a girl out?"

Frieda looked up and grinned when she saw my predicament. "It seems you've got yourself a problem," she told me with a sly wink. "What do you expect me to do about it?"

She walked closer as Levi crowed about everyone being on his side. Little did he know.

"Frieda, I'm so glad-" He was unceremoniously cut off as Frieda grabbed his arm in a strong grip and flipped him over her head. I was flung from his shoulder mid-air, but was able to flip myself upright and land on my feet as she'd taught me.