True Love is Always Blind

A/N: I lied. This is not the last chapter, NEXT chapter is the last chapter.

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 19: True Love is Always Blind

As they were leaving the courthouse, Lance spotted the Smiths and called out to them. The couple turned around and waited for him with disdainful looks on their faces.

"I'm taking Tony to get the sample today," Lance said, ignoring those looks. "I hope you won't drag it out either?"

"Of course not!" the woman snorted. "We wouldn't want to leave that precious boy in the hands of the likes of you for longer than necessary!" With those words she spun around and stalked away, followed by her husband.

"Lovely woman. Do you think I can call her granny?" O'Connor muttered sarcastically beside him.

"Oh, I think she'll be delighted!" Lance answered in the same fashion. _____________________________________________________

"And here I didn't think you had many things…" Jake sighed, sounding exhausted.

"I didn't think so either!" Mark objected, carefully placing kitchen items he could live without for a while, into a box. "Did you remember to call the carpenters about the balcony?"

"Yes, I talked to them yesterday after the hearing. They're going to make it cat-proof once they are finished with the wall. Would only take them an hour or so, they said," Jake told him.

"Good."

"There's still time to just hire a moving company, you know?" Jake reminded him.

"Just because you feel comfortable having people going through your things, doesn't mean I do," Mark snorted. Jake had decided to throw money around and would bring people in to both pack and move his whole apartment when they got the keys to the new one. Mark, on the other hand, didn't like that idea and therefore he was already packing away the extra things. He had roped Jake in to pack and carry quite a few boxes of audio books and movies into the hallway, where they were now neatly and securely stacked.

"It's just a lot of work," the CFO said.

"Well, you still have to go through your stuff and get rid of junk," Mark reminded him. "Oh, and we have to figure out what to keep of the things we have two of."

"How about my TV and your microwave, to start?" Jake suggested.

"Sounds fine, I use the microwave more than the TV, anyway," Mark grinned.

"How about my bed? It's wider?" Jake said next.

Here Mark hesitated.

"Yeah, and I like that, but it's a bit hard," he admitted.

"Sorry, you should have said something."

"Well, we haven't stayed over at your place that often, because of Felix," Mark shrugged. "Besides, when you're finished with me I tend be too tired to care," he added with a naughty grin.

"Hmmm… so if we keep my bed I have to fuck you every night? I don't see a downside to that…" Jake chuckled. "Seriously, though, let's forget about packing and go shop for a new mattress? I like your bed just fine, but it is a bit snug."

"Okay," Mark said and closed the box he had just filled. "But we'll share the cost of it, okay?"

"Yes, yes," the other man said in a way that clearly told a story of several lost arguments on the subject.