Never Thought I'd See the Day

A/N: my new kitten is here and he has helped me edit this. Al mistakes belong to him. He has also posted things on facebook and started the printer. He is hacker-kitty! ;)

Anyway, enjoy some Lance/O'Connor! ;)

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 5: Never Thought I'd See the Day

"Brought beer!" Lance said and held up a case of imported brew. He was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, very casual as befitted the night ahead. It had taken an unusually long time to pick out the t-shirt, though… in the end he had gone with one that fitted really well instead of the ratty, slightly baggy one he had first thrown on.

"Beer, huh? Then I'm gonna let you in," O'Connor grinned and threw the door open wide. "You're the first to arrive, the others are stuck in traffic."

"Yeah, I noticed it was crazy on the way over, I don't know if everyone is trying to get out of the city because the weather is nice, or what," the brunet said as he put his backpack on the floor. He had brought some games and his own game pads as he didn't know how many O'Connor had, and if one broke it was always nice to have extras.

"Maybe they're just trying to get to the closest park," the redhead commented on the traffic situation.

"Driving?" Lance snorted while following the man into the kitchen.

"Well… some people…" the programmer shrugged with a grin as he popped the beer in the fridge and started rummaging through cupboards after this and that.

In the meanwhile Lance was looking around the living room. Sure, he had gotten a good look at the place when he spent the night here, but he hadn't taken it all in. The apartment was very much a bachelor pad, but it was clean, just a bit cluttered. Most of the clutter had to do with gaming: consoles, games, computers and statues of different characters which had probably come with special editions of the games.

"See anything you like?" O'Connor asked.

"Quite a lot, actually, But frankly I was wondering where you were hiding the gay porn."

"Yeah, right," the redhead snickered. "As you're curious," he gestured to a closed cabinet. "Have fun, I'm gonna go preheat the oven."

"Homemade pizza?"

"Oh, yes! Best kind!"

"You have been proven trustworthy when it comes to beer, I'm gonna trust you when it comes to food too."

"See? You do love me a little!" the other man laughed and left the brunet alone.

Lance had to satisfy his curiosity, so he opened the cabinet.

"Dear god, you know of the internet don't you? There's no need to have stuff on DVDs anymore!" he called out after finding the –albeit rather small− cabinet stacked with questionable titles.

"Oh, I know, that's just the result of a game of mine."

"Explanation needed!"

"Whenever I go to a garage sale I look through stuff, and if I find any gay porn, I buy it."

"People don't sell porn at garage sales! Even less so gay porn!"

"You'd be surprised. Often people are clearing out after someone has died, or the parents have a sale after their kid has gone off to college, and they don't look too closely. Oh, and you always have to check the unmarked DVD-cases and stuff of course!"

"Really… all this?"

"Yup!"

"This, though, this is anima- oh, holy crap!" Lance had pulled out a few titles from the shelves and were looking at the back of them. The fronts, he noticed, were rather innocent. The backs… not so much.