Seeing is Believing

A/N: *lol* thank you for the support shown towards Mark/Jake lately! After me saying that it seemed most people preferred Lance/O'Connor (based on the reviews of the three sites this is published on) many have spoken up about Mark/Jake too, so that's good! ;) Personally I don't have favorites; they are all fun to write in their different ways. I'd be EXHASUTED if it was just Lance/O'Connor all the time, and if it was just Jake/Mark it would get too… cozy, maybe? ;) I like that I can switch between them. This chapter will switch POV's yet again, so you'll be able to "spend time" with YOUR favorites… ;)

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 7: Seeing is Believing

Was it true, Lance wondered? Was he just holding back on O'Connor because he happened to have a few extra body parts? And, granted, missing some others? That seemed pretty silly; like ditching someone because they had an extra finger. He knew there was more than that to sexuality, of course, but he was intrigued by the very idea of looking beyond the physical appearance of someone.

He glanced over at the redhead, who was sleeping soundly next to him. Yes, he had stayed the night, after all. Nothing more had happened, but they'd had a nice talk. Neither of them wanted to insult or hurt the other, all they knew was that they liked each other, and it was something different than friendship, although how much different, Lance didn't know.

His eyes hadn't moved away from the sleeping man yet. He had gone out like a light, which showed a trusting quality which Lance thought was sweet.

Lance knew that he was smart. Not a genius by any means, but no one could accuse him of being stupid. Normally. But when it came to relationships and feelings he wasn't one to think 'deep thoughts' very often; he didn't analyze his behavior or reflect on the situations he found himself in… he just… was. He acted. Andrew had held up a mirror in front of him, in a way. The brunet still didn't know what to make of the image he had seen in it, but he knew he wanted it to change. He knew that what he had experienced in relationships so far wasn't truly enough. He wondered if having sex with a guy would really fix anything, though…

_____________________________________________________

Lance woke up as the little spoon. That had never happened before, and it was kinda nice. He would have enjoyed it more if he hadn't needed to pee so badly, though. As he struggled to sit up, O'Connor awoke and quickly drew back.

"Shit, sorry!"

"What? I'm just gonna go take a piss?"

"I just… I didn't mean to-"

"Hey, man, relax. If I sleep in your bed and you don't at least cuddle me, I'll get insulted as hell. I'm irresistible, you know."

"Heh, okay."

"Actually I'm rather insulted because I didn't feel a boner," Lance went on.

"I can arrange one?"

The brunet chuckled and headed to the bathroom.

When he was just done his phone rang, and the caller ID was Mark's parents. He then remembered how bad the weather has been yesterday afternoon and got a clump of ice in the pit of his stomach.

"Lance here," he answered.

"Hi, sweetie, it's Mrs. Sanders, I was wondering if you wanted to come over for lunch today?"

"Oh, thank god!"

"Are you that hungry?" the woman laughed.

"No, I just… Is Mark okay? It was a bit windy yesterday, right?"