Truce

Victory was strewn about the beach. It was a mess. Sunbathing crabs were nestled among the debris of the prank war. Red stood on the slingshot, gazing out into the ocean toward Piggy Island.

"Another successful day of protecting the island! Great job, guys!" Red said proudly to Aggie, Bomb, and Chuck.

"Oh yeah!" Bomb chuckled as he, Chuck, and Aggie high-fived.

Three small hatchlings excitedly slid on the slingshot to their hero.

"You saved us, Red!" the hatchlings said excitedly.

Zoe agreed. "You're our hero!"

"What can I say? That's what I do. Now why don't you guys just go ahead and run along and keep your big, cute eyes peeled for the next pig prank, all right?" Red told the young birds.

Eager to be helpful to Red, the hatchlings scampered off to look for any signs of the pigs' next move, too, was keeping his eyes open for the next attack from Piggy Island.

The third hatchling, Sam-Sam, turned to say, "PPIIIIIIGS!"

Red, Chuck, Bomb, and Aggie stared at the little hatchling blankly.

"I'm going to get you!" Vivi exclaimed a he and Zoe, wearing pig snouts and ears, chased after Sam-Sam.

Red laughed at the little hatchlings' cuteness, "Adorable. Okay, let's just finish clean up the rest of these crabs before we could move on to..."

Chuck picked up all of the crabs around the place as fast as 2 seconds, and dumped them in the garbage can. "Done and done."

Bomb popped out of the garbage can, which Chuck accidentally dumped him there too.

"Ummmmm..." Aggie let the Force flow through her to sense something big, bad and dangerous coming from the pigs.

"How's it go, Ags? Do you sense something?" Red asked.

"I think I did. But it's not so big and dangerous than I thought," Aggie replied.

Bomb noticed something ahead, "Whoa!"

Chuck also spotted something in the distance. "Red, what is that?"

"What the heck?" Red wondered aloud.

There was a green round, bobbing object coming closer and closer to them.

"Is it, uh... Is it a head?" Bomb fell down from the garbage can to free himself. "What is that?"

Soon the object was close enough that they could see that it was a small green balloon with Leonard's smiley face drawn there. Attached to its string was a piece of paper rolled up like a tiny scroll. It floated up to them at the water's edge.

"Oh look. It seems it's some kind of note," Bomb said.

"What if it's a love note? What if it's like a message in a bottle?" Chuck hoped.

"Or a genie in a bottle!" the black bird guessed excitingly.

"Guys, there's no bottle. So, just, you know, stop," Red untied the piece of paper while his friends looked on. They were all very unsure about this.

"Yeah, have you seen a bottle tied to a balloon? I don't think so," Aggie agreed.

Dear birds,

We humbly request a truce, can we talk?

Love,
Leonard.
XOXO.

Red knew the pigs were trying to pull another prank. "Yeah, nice try, piggies! We're not idiots!" He crumpled the note and threw it away. Seconds later, another note attached to another balloon floated over, and hit Red behind his head. He untied the new note and read it.