10. Coffee

"He touched me and it felt as if the stars were dancing across my skin."

The ride back to my place had been mostly silent as I stared through the window wordlessly, my thoughts wrestling with one another. Taehyung seemed to have chosen to respect my privacy and didn't engage in much conversation as well, even though I noticed the occasional discreet glances he threw my way. I could only imagine the thoughts that went through his mind, considering how weird it was when Jungkook and I came back.

Chewing on my bottom lip, my insides shrunk at how conflicted I felt. Tonight, I had made a terrible mistake and had revealed the existence of celestial beings to a human. This would be deemed unforgivable. I was growing more and more anxious by the minute, which I didn't like. Would just leaving Earth and returning to Hell like Yoongi said end up being the right decision? I had done enough damage as it was.

And maybe, just maybe it would be better for everyone if I just disappeared. And by everyone, I mean mostly Taehyung.

As the Ferrari came to a halt in my driveway, he shifted in his seat to face me.

"Faye."

"Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?"

Stunned, my eyes flashed towards him and I offered him a sheepish smile.

"Now you're asking for permission?"

"I want to kiss you... the way I've been meaning to."

My heart ricocheted against my rib cage. So up until now he hadn't been kissing me the way he wanted to?

"Yes," I allowed him after a short pause of us gazing into each other's eyes. "Yes, you can kiss me."

Slowly, he placed his hand on my inner thigh and I was afraid that my erratic heartbeat could be heard in the small space of the car. My stomach pooling with anticipation, I felt tiny electric currents spreading across my body as his tongue poked out to sweep across his full lips.

"Are you waiting for a written invitation?" I joked awkwardly, desperately trying to mask how flustered I was getting.

Jesus Christ. No other man has ever made me feel this way.

When his lips finally slammed against mine, it was like an explosion of passion, desire and longing. This kiss seemed like a continuation of our make out session earlier that day, only it was far more fervent and hot. Without wasting any more time, Taehyung's hands swiftly found their way to my waist and he twirled me around, pulling me towards himself abruptly and placing me to sit in his lap, where my legs straddled him.

The kiss quickly grew in intensity and so did our arousal. A soft whimper fell from my mouth which only seemed to encourage him more as his teeth dug into my lip, pulling it and gaining a moan from me in response.