21. Heal

"If I had one wish, you'd stay forever."

My mind was practically a disaster zone as I lay down

Jin was back. For whatever reason. This made me anxious as I doubted it was a coincidence that he had chosen this town out of all the towns in the world to have his comeback in.

Firstly, it was bizarre mostly because no one ever wanted to leave Heaven. Who would want to run away from paradise?

But Jin was very different than all the other mortals I had ever known. He hated predictability. He was fun-loving, daring and got bored extremely fast. He craved excitement and exhilaration. Instead of thriving in serenity, it wore him down. It drained him out. It was no surprise to me that he fled Heaven and his loveless marriage to Eve, no matter how long it took him to make that decision.

Secondly, and more important, I was suspicious of his timing. Jin reappeared just as I and Taehyung had started bonding. This can't be just pure coincidence too, right?

I was beginning to think all of it was just to push me towards insanity. And I was afraid of what I might become if the world kept on pushing my buttons.

"Faye, don't go."

The low rumble of Taehyung's voice was comforting as it wrapped around me. I tilted my head to the side to see him look at me through rounded ebony orbs, filled with something I had never seen before.

"I wasn't going anywhere." I said quietly as his hand gravitated towards my face, the tips of his fingers brushing against my forehead.

"Yet," he exhaled, his full lips slightly parted. "I'm afraid you're gonna leave me." he added, making me wonder what he meant by that.

"Well, I do have to go home, don't I?" I couldn't fight back the simper that spread over my lips.

"Why?" Taehyung shifted on the couch, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "Stay over."

"I don't know..." I mumbled doubtfully. "I stayed over last night." A giant heat wave crashed through me at the mention of the night we shared.

"So what?" Taehyung asked. "Stay over again. I have so much food left in my fridge I can't devour all by myself. Help me ravage it." He added with a soft chuckle.

"Ah, how can I turn down such a romantic proposition?" I sighed deeply, finally caving.

"Come on," Taehyung ushered me, standing up from the couch and taking my hand gently as he led me in the kitchen. I followed him, an unknown feeling emerging in my stomach as he intertwined our fingers. "Nah, you sit there and relax while I get everything ready." He commanded as I went and tried to help him set up the table.

"No, let me-" I started only for him to push my hands away.

"Faye, I said I'll take care of it." He ordered, giving me a stern look.