22. Gone

"She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings."

Yoongi's POV

Yoongi's POV

"Faye can't know about this." I fumbled with my zipper and my belt, breathing ragged and uneven.

"Why?" Jimin asked, his chiseled angelic face illuminated by the streetlights coming through the car window. "Are you afraid of her?"

"As a matter of fact I am, but that's a whole other subject and we don't have the time to get into it," I grumbled darkly, reaching down and grabbing his white sateen shirt from the floor. "Here."

"Thanks." he said as he took it from me. While doing so, our fingers brushed against each other and I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach. I squirmed, trying to suffocate it.

I wasn't bothered by the fact that Jimin was a man, or at least had assumed a male form in this decade. Attraction is attraction, it transcends the human body. It's an exchange of energy in its purest form. The problem was that I had always been so adamant about wanting nothing to do with Heaven and its stupid angels. They disgusted me, with their stupid shiny wings and virtuousness.

But this one angel... he was special.

Also Faye would probably never let it go and tease me as long as we both exist. Which let's be honest, is a damn long time.

"I'm kinda worried for her," Jimin admitted, adjusting his shirt over his chest.

"Yeah, why is that?" I murmured.

"She's going through a change," he said. "Seems like a drastic one. This Taehyung guy was put in her path for a reason, but I just can't fathom what it is. She needs to figure it out on her own."

"What she needs to do is to go back home," I growled angrily. "Spending her time in Hell will make her go back to her old self."

"I don't think that's possible anymore." Jimin pressed his lips into a thin line.

"I can make it possible."

"Will you..." Jimin started. "I mean, if she does go back, will you go back with her?"

I tensed. "I have to."

"But if you do, you and I-" he looked worried all of a sudden, stopping himself from finishing his sentence.

I took a deep breath, wanting to avoid the subject. "Um... anyway, I want the old Faye back. She was fun."

"You love the old Faye because she was ruthless and savage. But this isn't who she truly is, it's a defensive mechanism for when she feels insecure. She's actually very sensitive."

"Wow, thank you Dr. Freud." I mocked.

The car fell silent. "Same time tomorrow?" Jimin asked, a coy smile to his lips.