Chapter 3- Paranoia?

• Dedicated to Everyone!

                Chapter 3- Paranoia?

                Date: Tuesday, January 29, 1967

                Time: 11:03PM

                MARLON'S POV

"Come on, Marlon... You know you want to."

"I know," I replied softly, eyeing the prize ahead of me. "But... I don't know, it feels too soon. You know, I've been very naughty..."

She chuckled. "It's alright, Marlon! Go ahead, just try... try for me?"

Reluctantly, I eyed the prize ahead of me. I bravely took in a deep breath and picked up a small candy. "Are you sure it's safe?"

"Oh, Marlon! I'm sure it is! Just go ahead and try it, already!"

As much as that soundsd like Kayla, I disregarded the voice. Gradually, I leaned closer and closer in to the chocolate, until-

I heard a rustling sound from outside of my dreams. I stirred, not wanting to get up. Oh, how great sleeping felt! I did not want to stop the glorious sensation of naptime! After all, I barely had gotten any sleep last night, so this was perfect make-up.

I heard another noise, more like a clatter. This time I was semi-alert. I opened one eye a tiny bit, quickly examining my surroundings.Out of the very little corner of my right eye, I could spot Jackie and Jermaine sneaking out of our bedroom.

I sat upright, careful not to bump Michael. "What're you doing?!" I questioned, my voice a little raspy. Boy, was I exhausted! I needed a nap, myself. Then again, that's what I get when I stay up late.

"Shh!" Jackie put his index finger to his lips. "Marlon, shut your trap! We're gonna talk to Moma dn Joseph about something..."

"About what?" I inquired. What were they going to talk about? Maybe they would discuss Jackie's now-raising grades.

"About Michael, you fool!" he snapped sort of playfully.He gave me a stern look before turning away. Before I could even get one simplistic little sentence out, Jackie, Jermaine, and Tito all deserted the room, leaving Michael and I to our lonesome.

I looked down at Michael, who was fast asleep. His mouth was slightly open, and he was lightly snoring. His front teeth were visible. Getting a funny idea in my head, I positioned myself. I slowly pointed at Michael with my index finger and was about to poke his tooth, when I heard bickering.

I completely stopped what I was doing and looked at the wall separating we boys from the rest of the house. I silently fumbled out of bed and auntered to just outside of Mom's and Joe's bedroom. I watched intently as an argument went down.

"Are you three bat-crazy?" Joseph barked, his usual grumpy expression on my face. "Michael and Kayla have no relation whatsoever, other than great friendship!"

"We know that, Joseph, but please hear us!" Tito pleaded.

"Yeah, Joseph! I can swear that I saw the both of them go to sleep, and wake up at the same time. I can guarantee little, Joe, but this is certain. There is no lie that Kayla and Michael have some form of a bond greater than friendship goes. This is spiritual." Jermaine huffed a tiny, tiny bit.

"This is not some spiritual connection; it is mere paranoia!" Joseph retorted, his face flushed with red. I wondered if he had a Budweiser, so that he hda something to do other than sit and watch as others talked.

"I beg to differ, Dad," Jackie stated, pulling out his journal. See, Joseph, I've documented this stuff pretty closely. If you will, I can most definitely show you some proof that-"

Katherine spoke up, her soft voice was a tad stern, yet motherly at the same time. "Just go back to sleep, boys. That was good information, butt Joseph is as stubborn as a bull when it comes to conversion."

"Waiy," Tito said, his eyes widening, "Does that mean that you believe us boys?"

Katherine shook her head very quickly. "No, no! I am just a simple assistant. Here, do you want me to go get you your new-"

Before Mommy could finissh her sentence, I noticed that five others had come up to me, with a huge album in hand.

"Hey," my three brothers said nearly in unison together. Now, wouldn't that have been amazing, having three people say something all together? I knew it would have sounded pretty cool for me.

"Oh- I mean-urgh... Who wants candy, guys?" I asked weakly. I could feel my spirits lowering by the nanosecondI had probably made my brothers very mad.

Oh well, there is nothing I can do about it, I thought. I suppose that I should get back to sleep.

Yawning, I clrawled back into bed and gave Michael one last look. And, with that image in my mind, I turned out the light, and resumed the chocolatey dream that I had with the female. Good, sweet dreams...