Chapter 22- A Disappointing Cruise Trip

**BEWARE: I made this chapter at about 4 in the morning... so it may sound a little crazy. I'll try looking through it so that it doesn't seem absolutely ridiculous. I also apologize for making everything up on the spot.

                Chapter 22- A Disappointing Cruise Trip

                Date: ?

                Time: ?

                MICHAEL'S POV

"Michael! Hey, Michael!... C'mon, Mike! Get up! We've gotta go! GET UP, PLEASE!!!"

Cracking my right eyelid open, I peered up toward Kayla's shiny face. I gave her the death glare, whispering, "Does the '5 more minutes' apply in Heaven?"

"Nope!" she replied, giggling roguishly, "I'm afraid that your little rule doesn't apply here. Plus, I never remember you ever acting like that. Now, get up. We have something to do. We've gotta meet up with, ah, what's her name?"

"Sandy, I think," I responded, blinking a few times. She's rightI thought, just barely shaking my head. I'm never tired, not like this. I'm usually... sprightly. This is a very odd change in behavior.

I deemed our actions as unnecessary to dwell on. Kayla has been like this quite a few times, and nothing has happened. I figured that if Kayla could handle it, I could and would most definitely pass the sluggish feeling by. Besides, what would my problem be? Not getting enough sleep in the physical world? Not caring properly for myself? Sleeping in a rock-like bed? 

Kayla clutched onto my hand and hoisted me to my feet without any warning. Once I was standing, she straightened her posture and half-shouted, "She's supposed to be in another room, I think. You know, sorta like last time. However, I'm not too sure. She could be anywhere in this room. Hey wasn't Sandy the one who shrank and grew and did all of that awesome, magical-"

I narrowed my eyes, taking in what Kayla had to say. This doesn't sound like her, either, I realized. She seems to be acting like she's on caffeine. Her eyes were wide and bloodshot, she hair seemed frizzy, and she tapped her foot every couple seconds, as if she were anxious for an upcoming event. 

What is wrong with her?... What is wrong with me? I half-glared, deep in thought. My thoughts were completely out of order, scattered every which way in my mind. I couldn't think of one thing without getting sidetracked and jumping on to another completely unrelated subject. Kayla jumped around, seeming extra-jittery.

It was like we put our personalities to the tenth power, and then exchanged them. She acted like an extreme version of me; I behaved like a cat in water.

I mentally smacked myself. Kayla isn't that wild! She just seems skittish, I guess, when she's tired. That's all... I think. It was rude of me to be thinking such things about my Chosen One. What if she thought rude things about me?

As I took a couple footsteps, I wondered, What if she is thinking rude things about me? What if she thinks I'm not appealing enough for the public? What if she thinks I'm a bad father? What if, what if she thinks I am 'Wacko'?

My thoughts deserved a mental slap, themselves. Of course, Kayla wouldn't be thinking such things about me! She's too sensitive to that kind of stuff. Even I am too sensitive to this type of thing... That is, except for now. 

What was going on with me? Why was I suddenly so self-conscious? How come I was coming up with all of these questions?

"Hey!"