Chapter 3

The Govens sat back down in their seats and chatted among themselves. I looked around to a girl standing next to me, she was blonde and was very pale, she was terrified.

She looked back at me giving me a small smile then looking back.

This will be over soon Alexia

The voice whispered in my head.

The young man stopped talking to one of the Govens and faced us again, he walked towards us and began clapping. Not saying a word. Silent, just clapping. I looked around to the other girls who were smiling at him and grinning.

I stood still doing nothing.

Then the line started filling out and of both sides of the room. Were we going back to our rooms?

"Follow me." Gerrad said walking infront of me, the guards stayed where they were, leaving me free to move. all the girls were now free as me, with one man leading them away.

"Where are we going?" I whispered to Gerrad.

 "Alexia no more questions please. I will explain later." He whispered back.

We walked over to the door i had came out of and entered. Within 10 minutes we had travelled down the corridor and entered my room, which was still white.

But it had changed, there was now a white bed, which had no base, it was floating in the corner of the room and was tied onto the wall by chains. There was a no toilet, just a sink.

"Wheres the toilet?" I asked as the door closed shit and Gerrad walked in facing me.

"You wont need it"

"What do you mean i wont need it?"

"When you collapsed, we gave you a drug that allows you to not need to use it anymore. You wont need to sleep, but you have the choice too, you can run for miles without getting tired. Your welcome." He grinned sitting down on the bed, making himself comfy. I stood awkwardly trying to understand what was happening.

"Im so confussed." I brushed my hair out of my face and put some behind my ear.

"What happened at the bar? How did i get here?"

"Ok so i spiked your drink with a drug to knock you out." He explained.

"You drugged me?!" I shouted. How could he do this? He's kidnapped me?

"No- yes. Ok it sounds worse than it actually is." He tried to explain.

"You drugged me." I began to pace around the room, absorbing the news.

"Sit down Alexia i think i need to explain to you whats happeining."

I walked over sitting next to him as he began to explain.

"I spiked your drink, drugged you. With a powerful drug that can control you. The voice in your head. Is your new concience. She will tell you what to do. The drug is your new friend, also i am your mentor. You are going to take part in a game. The girls are your opponents and you have to beat them. Talents are your strength. Whats your talent?" He asked me. I sat there confussed, what was he saying. I couldnt understand this. A game?

"Talent? I have no talent."

"Ok we'll have to sort that one out, those men in that room are called Govens they bid on the best girl, with the best talent. Millions they bid on you, and the highest bidder goes home with the best girl and you become there wife."

"But first you have to take part in games, talents, show your talents. The more talents you have the more chance you have on getting the best bidder. If you dont get the best bidder, the nicest man, you go to the worst and the worst men will treat you like dirt underneath your shoe. You will not survive in their house. Youll be treated like a maid, servant, in which you'll probably be beaten to death." Gerrad informed me.

I was shocked, i had no control of this or no choice, i was basically forced into this, this GAME.

"Why did you pick me? Why? Why couldnt you pick someone else?"

"Because you can win."