Chapter 2

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, i was held tightly so i could not move in between the guards arms. They were strong, i couldnt move my arms to brush my hair out of my face.

"Be quiet Alexia, you'll wake them." The man laughed a little as we walked down a long white corridor.

"Wake who?!" I was so confussed. Whats happening?

"The contestants of course." He grinned at me before lokking back to where he was stepping. The whole corridor was pure white, bright white, blinding.

"Contestants?"

"I will explain soon sweetheart, dont you worry." He carried on walking, his leather black shoes making clonking noises onto the floor.

"Can you let go off me! I cant breath!" I shouted at the guard. He dropped me onto my feet allowing me to walk. I began to walk with a one guards hand tightly grasped around my left arm. The floor was cold marble, sparkling under the bright lights.

The man laughed at me shouting at the guards.

"Whats your name?" I asked the man as we walked nearer to the end of the corridor.

"Whats it to you?"

"I wanna know." I huffed.

"Gerrad, my name is Gerrad." He grinned, we came to the end of the corridor, he pressed a button, making the door push inwards slightly and slide sideways out of our way. We walked into a massive room, full of silver chairs in rows of four at one end and an empty space at the other.

Suddenly many door opened on the other side of the room and my side and young girls like me were led with one man infront of them and 3 guards, some were screaming, some stood still, scared, terrified.

I was trapped and i wasnt the only one.

Follow Gerrad and be quiet.

The voice said in my head, i did as i was told and followed Gerrad to the empty side of the room. Me and many girls were put in a long line, still held by the guards and Gerrad stood infront of me. Many men stood infront of th girls, I didnt know why, with no reason? They looked around the same age as Gerrad, they looked like the same kind as Gerrad, dark skinned, dark haired, dark everything.

My arm was throbbing from the guards hand, he was squeezing my arms so much, to make sure i didnt move. Some of the screaming girls had cooled down, except for one blonde, who kept screaming. She was crying, she was a mess. She was trying to get out of the grip of the guards.

Suddenly a large door at the back of the room we were facing with the rows of chairs opening and crowd of men in black suits with half faced or full faced or sun glassed faces walked in. They sat down in their seats filling them all.

There was one big chair on its own in the middle at the front of the rows, obviously for someone 'special'.

The girl was still screaming and fighting out of the grips of the guards, at one point she managed to escape and started to run, until one guards picked up his fallen spear and point it in her direction of run and a electric pulse zapped her. It electricuted her until she fell on the floor. The electricity still traveling through her as she hit the floor. She had fallen silent and she was quiet now. Smoke lifted of her and she was quickly dragged away, into a seperate room.

I knew now i could not step out of line.

Another man entered the room now, he was younger than the rest, he took of his suit blazer and placed it over the big chair. He had half faced black mask on, which he quickly took of and placed on the seat. He was young and good looking, pale skinned, brunette short hair and blue looking eyes. He walked towards us silently. His foot steps on the marble floor echoed the room.

I could hear the breath of the guards next to me, it was an awkward scary silence. More mencing like.

"As you can see gentlemen, we have a wide range here." He spoke, barely a speak but was loud enough for the crowd to here him. What did he mean by wide range? Were not the fresh fruit from tesco's?

The young bloke walked to the end of the line farest away from me and started to look the girls up and down, all of the girls were wearing the same costume as me. My finger and toe nails had also been painted white.

"Whats happening now Gerrad." I whispered.

"We are going through inspection my dear, i will explain later." He whispered back not even looking at me, and was staring at the crowd of me.

"Whats happeing? Whats he gonna do to us?"

"Be quiet Alexia." Gerrad shushed me. The man quickly made his way through us and was near to me. He stepped over to me, looking me up and down before grinning.

"Alexia Jordan, aged 18, lives in Brooksworth" Gerrad informed him. I was cofussed, how did Gerrad know that about me.

How did he know where i lived? The man nodded and walked to the next girl next to me. Inspecting her.

Whats gonna happen now?

I looked at the crowd of men as they whispered in each others ears and pointed at some other girls in the line. Some pointed at me and carried on whispering.

Terrified, confussed and hungry were one of the many feelings i had, stood in the awkward silence.

The young man had finished inspecting us and walked back to the middle. "You have all passed your inspection." I few sighs of relief's filled the room, but i stayed silent.

Section 2- The Govens will come round and inspect you.

The voice whispered in my head. Govens? Are they the crowd full of men?

I was correct the men got up and started at the very far end in a line themselves and started inspecting us one by one. Who was this voice in my head? My new consious? After last night this voice has never left me. Be quiet Alexia, dont say a word. The voice whispered. I couldnt understand why it was telling me, giving me advice and telling me what to do.

Like it was trying to control me.

The men quickly moved towards me, looking me up and down one by one, there were around 40 of them.

"Hello" An older grey man said to me, stop to talk to me. I looked up from looking at the floor. He wore a white mask that covers his eye, he was wrinkley and had a glass of blue liquid with a olive inside.

I didnt say anything as the voice had told me, i stared at him acting like i hadnt understood what he had said. "Quiet huh? Intreging." He looked puzzled before moving on. Many men passed me smiling and i did nothing but look at them blankley.