Chapter 32 Time

Chapter 32 Time

Dominic's POV ♡

I left talking to colton up to nic. If a figure broke out between them they cant really do anything to each other so I'd probably feel better if they worked it out first. That and I'm not 100 percent ready to talk to col yet. Nic asked me to go get us food, and I dont really mind but I dont know what they'd want to eat.

Heading down into the kitchen I notice it relatively empty aside from the one or two kid sneaking around for something to eat. Not even Maria is anywhere in sight and I was under the impression she lived to cook. It seemed like her greatest passion.

Nevertheless, I go about my business and start looking for something to whip up. I'm sure I'll find her somewhere. Going between the fridge and pantry I dont find much other than some lunch meats, cheese, and some bread. I guess sandwiches will have to do.

Making a pile of ingredients and plates on the counter I start separating the bread into sandwiches before I hear a loud crashing sound outside. Its loud enough to make me jump from the spot I'm standing and grasp my chest. Just as I begin to calm down and register what happened I start to hear screaming and howls. Panic sets in and my body begins to shake, I race to the nearest door outside to see what's going on.

Chaos is what I'm greeted with when I throw open the door. Almost instantly women and children race past me into the house screaming and trying to get away from the panic. Outside some of the men and wolves stay and fight as rogues attack them. There's far more than there ever has been before. But how? And in the middle of the day? How could this be happening?

While my mind runs blank my body reacts for me and propels me back up stairs and slamming the office door open. Nic and col are in each others arms but separate as soon as I startle them. "Dom what's wrong?" Nic asks immediately and I gasp, panicking to give him an answer.

"We, they.... we gotta... the rogues are here. They're attacking!" I yell, forcing the words to make any sense at all. Behind me I can hear the sounds of frightened people barreling in the house and barricading themselves into rooms. Screams of scared people and sobs of horrified child can be heard and in a instant nic is pushing past me out the door and down the stairs. He doesn't say anything as he leaves but colton is right behind him as he grabs my wrist and pulls me along quickly. But instead of following  nic downstairs he leads me to the nearest terrace outside to see exactly what's going on.

"Dom calm down and tell me exactly what happened." Col says, spinning me to face him and grabbing my shoulders.

"I, I was down stairs making food then I heard a really loud crash immediately followed by screams. I went outside to see what was going on and the rogues were already here. Colton there's too many of them we need to go help nic. Please!" I beg him grabbing his arms and trying to pull him back inside. Being outside the sounds of fighting are much more clear and we can clearly see over the railing just how many there are and what's going on. Glancing wildly over the ground I see what caused the crashing sound. One of the packs cars was driven off into the dining hall. I can only imagine what happened. Looks like whoever was driving the car got out but I have no idea who's car it was or if they're safe now. "Please col, we can at least help the civilians!" I shout pulling on him again and he nods.

"Ok but we need to be smart about this." He says before grabbing my arm again and pulling me through the house. We run outside to see all those who can fighting, including nic, and some others trying to hide as best as they can behind trees, buildings, and cars. "Shift. You'll be harder to be seen if you small and low to the ground. Everyone here knows you, they'll follow you if you lead them." Col whispers to me as he yanks me aside and hides with me behind a wall.