Chapter 27 At All Costs

((UNEDITED))

"First things first. It's gonna hurt." Nic reminds me and I nod. Ok, so it hurts like hell. I've already been through hell so I've got this. "Second, no freaking out in wolf form. You'll freak people out." Nic adds and I nod again. He Colton and I are all standing in the woods not far from the house where Nic plans on teaching me to shift.

"Ok, dont freak out and it's painful. I got it." Colton chuckles at my response and I glance at him.

Nic seems to laugh too before starting to get undressed. I glance around to be sure we're alone before I mimic his actions. "Ok to start close your eyes and take deep breaths. Relax your body completely and if you can clear your mind. Just focus on your breaths." Nic instructs and I nod before closing my eyes. I let my arms hang by my side as I take a deep breath, feeling my chest move up and down with each one. I focus on the blood flowing through my veins and the quite rhythm of my heart.

I feel fingers touch my arm making me jump slightly, "it's ok, I just wanna look." Nic mumbles gently moving my arm, "relax." He reminds me as I feel his searching hands examine my skin. "Do you feel relaxed?" He asks and I nod slightly. "Now I want you to begin imagining your body changing. Turning into the form of a wolf. Keep thinking about the fur, the muscles, and the bones. If it becomes painful dont stop thinking about it. Colton and i are both here for you." He says letting my arm go but I dont hear him step away.

I purse my lip as my eyes open slightly to look up at him. "Can I have an example?" I ask and she smirks before nodding. He takes a few steps back and closing his eyes for a moment while his body begins to change shape. I bite my lip watching his body morph and crack until his black wolf is standing in front of me.

In place of Nic's words I hear Coltons voice fill my ears, "remember what he said. Imagine your body changing. Feel the different ones and muscles begin to transform." Colton reminds me and I glance at him before nodding. I close my eyes, even going so far as to cover them with my hands as I think. I feel like I'm getting absolutely no where as I concentrate as hard as possible on what a wolf looks up but nothing happens. I'm close to giving up until a sharp jolt runs up my spine making me bite down on my lip. My body begins to ache as I groan and feel like falling to the ground.

I lose control and drop to my knees as I feel my bones being to crack and shift. I can't hold back the scream in my throat as my arms pop crack and break. I can hardly even feel the icy finger tips on my shoulder as I'm too focused on the pain surging through me like bullets. Just as I feel another awful crack everything goes black.

• NIC •

"What happened?" Colton asks as I begin to pull my clothes on.

"He's ok, just black out. He'll wake up in a moment." I say kneeling down next to him to get a closer look at dom. He's a lot prettier than I expected. A silver grey coat with darker patches detailing his body. Definitely haven't seen a solid grey before, can't wait till he's up moving. "Here help me lift him" I motion as I start to scoop up his large body, Colton helps lift him and we carry him to softer ground to relax, it's too dangerous to take him back near everyone else right now. We have no idea when he will wake up or how he will react when he does.

We place him on a missy patch under a nearby pine tree before we sit on either side of him. "Nic," Colton gains my attention as I watch his hands fiddle together between his knees.

"Yah?" I ask looking up at his face, screwed into a look of discontent and stress.

He takes a moment to think before he sighs and speaks, "what was that long meeting about yesterday? I mean with the neighbouring pack?" I nod after listening to his question and look off to gather my thoughts. I know I promised to tell dom everything as well but considering our current situation I can just tell him later.