Chapter 31 Fight

Chapter 31 Fight

Nic's POV ♧

"Yes thank you.... thank you. It was nice talking to you again. Have a good night." Dom mutters into the phone. Pulling the phone away then hanging up. it only takes seconds for him to meet my eyes. Almost simultaneously we look in Col's direction and can practically feel the gloom wafting from him. We came back to the house immediately after the confrontation and locked ourselves away in my office. Col is across from us sitting alone with his face hung between his legs and his hands in his hair.

I don't honestly know how to feel. He acted a way he's never acted before. And now he's in a total bout of depression. I don't know if I should be furious we fought and he attacked our mate. Or if I should pity him for trying to protect us. Anger clouded his judgment, and was just trying to do what he thought was best. But at the same time that doesn't justify him raising his hand to dom. I dont know what he would have done but I'm sure he doesn't know either.

But now he's smothering himself in guilt and self pity. Dom and I are unsure exactly what we should do to fix it, too.

"Dom can i... talk to you in private. Just for a minute." I ask him, returning my glance back at him and gesturing to the hallway. Colton doesn't even flinch at my voice and continues to hang his head. I take that as an ok to move forward. Dom nods light before getting up from his seat and waiting for me. We head into the hall and around the corner where no one could see us. "Who were you on the phone with?"

"Odilia and Ryan. Well, mostly Odilia. I... wanted to know if he's ever exploded like that before. I really dont know what to make of it but no. She said he hasn't. She said he's always been calm and reserved ever since he was born. But she also said he's prone to being an idiot." His last comment brings a smirk to his lips and makes him shake his head. I'm still getting used to the new dominic. His copper brown hair and golden tan skin makes it seem like he's glowing. And even the slightest smile makes my heart stop. Despite all the shit we are going through I still feel stunned by him. Him having changed wasn't the cause of this, though. The word itself, beauty, truly does become dominic. And in the place where physical attraction ends, his personal radiance glows.

Colton being an idiot... it's hard not to agree with him. "Well she's not wrong. As long as I've known him, he's never really been aggressive unless provoked. I really dont know what got into him..." I run my hand through my hair and sigh. "You're not... mad at him are you?" My mixed feelings about his actions wont change anything. I love him, and I know dominic does too. The fear that he might stray from Col because of that signal interaction looms blatantly over my head.

"No, well yes but I dont hate him. I'm upset he acted like a child and tried to make decisions on his own but I still love him. And I'm not mad at you either. I understand you're just trying to do the best for everyone, which is why you offered to do it all alone but you have to understand we are here to help you. You're definitely not alone in this, and you know that." He grabs my forearms and stares up at me, his brows furrowed in a look of desperation and understanding. It eases my anxiety hearing him not completely upset with colton, but I dont know how secure I feel about him offering his help.

If there's anything I do on this planet it will protecting everyone I love. I certainly can't just throw them in the line of danger nor can I stand by and do nothing. I know what I'm doing is the only way. I wont have their loves risked for what? My sake? I'm not important enough to do something like that. That's why it must be done like this, I have to do this alone. And I need dominic and col to stay here and protect my pack. " if you really want to help me then you'll stay here, and protect my friends and family. I wont have you two or anyone else for that matter go and do this. Besides you know me, I vanish in the shadows. My guess is they'll never even know what hit them! We'll find out who's orchestrating these attacks and take them down, together. But for now let me do the infiltration missions. Can you do this, for me?" My hands cup his neck with my thumbs over his jaw. I give him the best smile I can muster to calm his nerves and prove just how safe I'll be. Of course I cant make any promises, but i also dont want him knowing that.