The North Mountain

Author's Note: This new, improved chapter was done by crossoverLIFE19. 😊

Snow pelts against my skin, a comforting blanket of flurries encasing me. Though, with every hit a new sting of cold ripples through me. The wind that once pulled me forward now pushes me back, only anchoring my anger. Every turn and twist is covered in a dense fog, blurring the path before me. Even as I dive further into the storm, I don't feel any regrets for being lost. Even with the fighting tides and the blistering cold, I find comfort in the empty sky and the familiar setting. A gasp tears through my throat at the very moment I get thrown off course. Strong winds push me around - my head spinning as I try to regather my strength. Hardly any is left, running on yesterday's meal and only the wavering anger keeping me from turning back

 Hardly any is left, running on yesterday's meal and only the wavering anger keeping me from turning back

       Just as I righten myself from the spinning winds, I suddenly smack into a rocky surface. Going back into a tumble, I curl into myself and wait until the mountain peak straightens out. Of course, with my luck, a large rocky peak is right in my flight path. A scream tears through my lips, unrelenting as I force myself up from the ground. Swinging my staff through the air, a flurry of icy shards materialize around me. Panting breaths follow the outbreak, and then a wave of exhaustion starts to set in. Falling to my knees, I wrap my hands in my hair and glaring at the sparkling snow encasing my legs. This isn't how it was supposed to go. This was supposed to be a better life - Auradon was supposed to help me.

        The thought only makes another wave of bitterness bite at my heart. Auradon isn't a place of promising futures; it's a cursed land made to trick others into believing in the wrong. Throwing my words to the heavens, I yank at the roots of my hair. My throat closes up and my eyes burn as I try to reach out to my dad. I know I promised I would try, but I can't. I'm sorry, Dad, but I can't live where everyone throws away trust and sneers at others for games. I just can't live here. A small track of water cascades down my cheek, and I slowly release the grip in my hair. Touching my cheek, I glare at the small tear that ices over my pale skin.

        Ripping my sleeve down my arm, I quickly wipe at my face and force myself to my feet

        Ripping my sleeve down my arm, I quickly wipe at my face and force myself to my feet. Looking around, miles upon miles of fog surrounds me - hardly being able tosee the tracks I leave behind. Whipping my hood up, I start to trek around themountain. For now, I'll find a place to rest. Then, I promise myself, I'll find a way to return home. Return to Daddy. I walk for several minutes, squinting through the pellets of hail that rain down from the sky. Even as my legs shake with the effort to keep moving, and my teeth start chattering - I don't stop. Not until I spot the cave just minutes away.

         When my bare toes finally hit the cave's calming base, I slowly trail my eyes over the surface

         When my bare toes finally hit the cave's calming base, I slowly trail my eyes over the surface. The cave's rocky edges glass over with ice, sparkling sheens of ice encasing them. Sinking to the floor near the front of the cave, I turn my gaze to the ceiling. Long, thick icicles hang low - droplets of water splashing to the ground with melodic thumps. From all of Auradon, I can't help but find it the most perfect thing within this new world. Still, as I close my eyes and lay my head on the cool pillow of ice, I can't find any dreams. Even with the pacifying hums of the wind and the softrhythm of snow - sleep can't welcome me. Every moment I close my eyes, only events from the day play. I wish for memories of my family - when we were complete, but I only get the gossiping royalties and selfish relatives. And, worst of all, the accusations that were thrown at me for things beyond my control. 

         With every turn of my thoughts, something new greets me. Within no time at all, the tears I had once squashed down resurfaced with a justice. My shoulders shake, and I curl into myself - somehow trying to stop my sobs from echoing within the cave. I hate every moment - acting like a five-year-old just because things aren't going the way I had hoped. Every tear, no matter how much I wipe away, freeze and mark themselves on my soaked cheeks and sweater. Swallowing up another sob, I throw my head back into the icy wall. The beating thrum of pain somehow soothes me - slowly altering the direction of my thoughts. But, a soft, melodic voice ringing throughout the once empty cave brings all of my thoughts to an abrupt halt. 

        "Hello? Are you alright?"

           Shooting up to my feet, I don't bother answering the question

           Shooting up to my feet, I don't bother answering the question. In fact, a question of my own weighs on my tongue - How is someone even in this cold? However, as I meet the glistening blue eyes standing just behind me, the question falls silent. Instead, every thought I muster forward follows how beautiful the stranger before me is. Blonde hair done in a loose braid, hanging over her shoulder and holding little snowflake pins within the delicate waves. Pale skin with a hint of rose, a slender frame that compliments the shimmering gown hugging to her. Slowly moving further up her figure, I can't help but compare her to the freshest snow and sharpest ice I've always adored. Her lips are a lovely shade of magenta, falling into a small, shy smile that rivals Mona Lisa's.

Everything about her is breathtaking - but it's her icy-blue eyes that cause a stutter to my heart.

❄💙❄❄💙❄

Author's Note: Elsa has debuted! And yes! She will have a big role in the coming chapters. And Anna, Kristoff, Rapunzel, and Eugene won't be far behind. Sorry if this chapter is a tad short. Please comment, vote, and share this chapter. Thank you! 🤗

I also have a recommendation for my readers. My friend and fellow writer, @Jenny-Tj, has written an amazing original story titled Unbreakable. I recommend you guys check it out it is well-written and touching. 😊