Old Home Sweet Home

(Violets Pov)

I was looking out the window of the truck for a bit as we were leaving Savanna, we got near the edge of the town and AJ pointed something out.

"Hey look Clem isn't that a train?" He asked and I looked to see exactly that.

"Yep, that's the one we rode on to get here." She says.

"You think we should check it out?" Louis offered.

"No, but we could follow the path, I'll know when we get close to Macon that way." She says and drives on the dirt path right next to the tracks and she stops to look at the train a bit.

"You good?" AJ asked and I looked at him.

"Yea just..... remembering a lot of things." She says and starts driving, it took a few hours after we passed a train station with the tanker on its side and Clem stopped in this one railroad stopping.

"Let's stretch our legs." She says as she parks the truck and turns it off and we all get out. We see a few walkers far off in the distance and I just watch them.

"Violet you should apologize to Minnie." I heard and looked to Louis.

"No and back off on that she's lucky I haven't thrown her ass out." I said.

"She still mourning over Tenn."

"And you think I'm not? I helped raise him too you know, she's not fucking special and neither are you, so back off."

"I didn't say I was."

"No you're just wanting me to go apologize to Minnie just cause she's fucking sad, we all are and I'm not apologizing, she wanted to act like a bitch because we wanted to bury Lee."

"You have to think about it from her point." He says.

"Think about how Clementine feels, oh wait you don't think of others unless it's for your enjoyment or in your favor, I do recall you kicking Clem and AJ our after the shit Marlon pulled." I said and he looks at me.

"Don't bring that up, he's dead." Louis said.

"So is Tenn so don't bring him into this to guilt me into apologizing to Minerva." I tell him.

"I didn't..... you know what forget it." He says and leaves and I watch him.

"Violet." I heard and looked at AJ.

"Yea what's up buddy?"

"Can we talk?" He asked and I nodded as he grabbed my hand. I watched as Clem watched us and I mouthed the word talk and she nods as AJ and I walk on the train tracks a bit.

"Is Clementine ok?" He asked.

"Why ask that?" I asked him and looked down.

"Ever since the farm and... the other town, um Sa-Savanna?" He asked and I nodded.

"She doesn't seem to talk to me a lot anymore." He says and I rub his head a bit.

"She doesn't want you to deal with her... problems, but she'll talk to me if that makes things better?" I asked and he looked down.

"But I'm getting older so she can talk adult things with me now." He says.

"AJ, there are things many people don't want to talk about, they think it's a bother to others when they talk about their issues, it happened to my grandma when my grandpa passed away, she didn't talk she just cried, she couldn't talk to me because I probably wouldn't understand what she was talking about either." I said as we walked more.