They aren't us and We aren't Them

(Violets Pov)

"Ok Louis and Willy you two will go and inform Ruby and Tenn of what we're going to do, so we can get their opinions on how it should play out, me and AJ are gonna go look for James and see if he'll help us with this." I said to them and Louis nodded.

"Noted, just be careful." Louis said and I nodded as me and AJ walked into the woods and Louis along with Willy walked to the school.

"He'll help us." AJ said and I looked at him.

"Maybe, we can't be to sure on what he'll do." I tried to explain.

"He helped us when Abel shot me though." He said and I nodded.

"Yes he did, you have to thank him again for that too." I said and he nodded as we walked.

"So what exactly was this world like before the walkers?" He asked and I thought a bit.

"Well..... that's hard for me to explain.... What uh did Clem tell you?" I asked a bit curious as to what she's been telling him. Not that I'm saying she's bad at raising him or telling him some thing but, what her life was probably like before all this.

"Well, Clem said that when she was little, her parents took her to a .... Fair?" He asked and I smiled.

"Oh those are fun, and really loud too."

"Loud?" He asked as he walked on a log and I watched him to make sure he didn't fall.

"Well people were screaming in a good way, having fun going on these rides that make your blood pump and all that junk, you'd also play games to win prizes too." I tried to explain. He smiled a bit.

"I wanna go to one." He said and I thought for a bit.

"If I remember correctly the world basically ended during the summer time, maybe we can find the old fair here, they usually set it up during the summer."

"But we cant be loud."

"Nope can't be loud but we can play the small games." I told him and he looked so happy.

"What else did people do before the Walkers?" He asked.

"Hmm parents or older people usually had jobs, actually if this world hadn't gone to shit Louis, Ruby, Clem and I would probably have jobs by now, and worrying about school."

"But you're at a school why would you worry about it? Does something need to be fixed?" He asked.

"Well no not that, I mean studying and trying to get into college so we could get a better job... or at least that's what we're told to do." I said as he jumped off the log carefully.

"Ok like when Clem taught me to read?" He asked.

"Well yea she was teaching you, and she's still teaching you, technically people never stop learning even if we aren't in school." I said.

"Like how to survive?"

"Yea, before walkers showed up people would go camping and learn how to live in the wild, it's good to know especially if you got lost in the woods or on an island with no people." I said and we walked some more.

"Oh Clem's good at surviving." AJ said and I nodded.

"Yea She is... with how long she's been out here I shouldn't be surprised at half the things she does or has to do."

"Clem's told me stories of what happened to her before I was born."

"Oh? Did she say you could share the stories?" I asked.

"Only a few, she told me some that I shouldn't have know, but she was ranting? Talking a lot to herself." He said.

"Ok well what would clem like for me to know?" I asked trying to make a joke to which AJ did smile but I think it's because he can talk about his parental figure more.