A Nights Chat

(Violets Pov)

I looked over to the window a bit as we ate more of the food and I grabbed the water bottle for us and I sat next to her. She leaned her head on my shoulder and looked at her a bit and kissed her head.

"My favorite season is summer." I said randomly and I felt her head shift a bit.

"Why's that?" She asked.

"Summer time is when I'd get to play outside.... My grandpa.... Before he passed away... he would have these barbecues almost all the time, and I'd help him at the grill, or I'd help grandma with the other foods... we play around and shoot fireworks in the streets, when other kids were around we'd shoot them at each other." I said and chuckled a bit.

"Sounds fun." I heard and looked down at her.

"I need to check your wounds." I say and she looks at me.

"I've got them."

"You sure? I don't think you can get the one on your back." I say and she looks at me.

"I've got it." She says and I nod a bit.

"At least let me get a look at your eye." I said and she nods a bit as I grab the peroxide and a clean rag. She set her food down and I moved the bandages slowly off her eye. She grabs my hand a bit and I look at her.

"I um." She tries to say but I kiss her gently and look at her.

"You ok?" I asked. I moved the bandage more and looked at it. Her eye was a bit inward and foggy, and there was a large cut going down from the bridge of her nose, across and down to her cheekbone.

"Ok this is gonna hurt." I said and she nodded as I put some peroxide on the rag and gently dabbed at the wounds.

"Fuck." She mumbled and hissed in pain.

"Sorry." I said as I pulled the rag back.

"It's ok." She says and I grab some new bandages and wrapped them on her head and she looks at me.

"Gotta find an eye patch." She says and I nod.

"Hey you'll be a pirate than." I joked and she laughed.

"Arrr." She says and I laughed a bit and looked at her.

"Clem.... I'm sorry for not saving you when the raiders came... I just." I tried to say but she kissed me.

"You were busy helping AJ that night, I saw you keep that raider away from him, I don't care if you didn't help me that night so long as AJ was safe that's all that matters to me." She says and I look at her.

"But."

"No buts about it, the raiders are gone, no more left you guys took care of that." She said and I looked at her.

"Why did you save her? Why didn't you let her get blown up?" I asked.

"Think about Tenn."

"She fucking hurt you."

"So what? Try and change her."

"There's nothing to change about her Clementine." I tell her.

"There is."

"There isn't she is gone she will never go back, if you heard what she said about you."

"Who cares what she said about me? It's just fucking words." She says and I look at her.

"I care, she has no right to say anything bad about you at all, you saved her ass, you kept her alive and all she's gonna do is treat you like you're garbage? Fuck that." I said and she grabbed my face and made me look at her and I do look at her.