Hootenanny and the Showdown

(Violets Pov)

As AJ and I walked to the music room I could hear Louis playing a bit on his piano and I opened the door for AJ to see Ruby, Louis, and Tenn setting up for the small party we were going to have.

"Hey you two, hope you don't mind if I grabbed Clem's little heater." Ruby said to AJ and he nodded.

"I don't mind as long as we put it back for her." He said and Ruby nodded to him and he looked around a bit.

"Wanna help with the party?" Ruby asked him and he nodded. I watched him a bit as ruby showed him the colorful jars.

"What color should we use than?" She asked and she thought a bit.

"Purple." He said as he pointed to the jar and ruby nodded.

"Consider it done." She said and I watched as AJ looked at the old record player.

"What's this?" He asked.

"That's a record player, you take this giant disk and place it here." Louis said as he grabbed the record and placed it on the player.

"Then you crank this part here and place the needle down and it starts playing music." Tenn also explained.

"It's basically Louis in a box." I joked and Louis laughed a bit. It's good to see him smile.

"So this is music?" AJ asked and I nodded.

"So it's sad?" He asked.

"No, there's different forms of music, some are happy, some have no words, others aren't meant for kids to hear and many more." Ruby explained.

"But Violet said there's sad music."

"What Louis was playing to you and Clem was a sad song."

"I wouldn't say sad more... well ok it is a sad song now that I think about it." He said and rubbed the back of his neck.

"So wait... what happened to Clementine in the song?" AJ asked and I looked at him.

"Hmm this won't happen to your Clementine remember that ok." I said and he nodded.

"The girl in the song drowns in a river." Louis said. AJ stayed silent for a bit and then messed with his fingers like he did before we took them out the safe zone.

"Clem's almost drowned though." He said and I rubbed my neck.

"Yea But Clementines a bad ass, she's not gonna let some silly river harm her." Louis said and I nodded then ruby tapped my shoulder and I looked at her.

"Willy said he wanted to talk to you real quick, something important." She said and I nodded and looked at AJ.

"Hey bud I'll be right back, why don't you help Ruby finish setting up the decorations." I said and he nodded.

"Hey ruby I have a drawing for the party." He said as he went up to her and showed her his art. I smiled a bit and went to go find Willy who was in Mitch's old room.

"Wanted to see me?" I asked and he nodded as he held a book.

"I know how we can take down the raiders, and make sure they don't hurt anyone anymore." He said as he handed me the book and pointed to something like the heater down in the basement.

"If we can get enough explosives we can blast the raiders boat." He said.

"You want to blow up the boat?" I asked and he nodded.

"Makes sense though right? They can't leave and then they can't hurt us again." He said.

"It does sound like a good plan but what about us? If the bomb goes off while we're on we could get hurt too." I said and he nodded.