Part Two - Chapter 11 - Yusei

She said yes.

I can't believe it.

I can't wait to marry her. To make her mine forever.

SIX MONTHS LATER
••• Nova •••

"Come on, Allison, it's just a dress," I complain to my sister as she goes through a rack of white dresses at the bridal boutique.

"No, it's not," she replies, pointedly.

"Nova, you're going to say 'I do' in whatever dress you choose. Don't you want to look amazing when you become Yusei's wife?" Akiza adds.

Oh, yeah. She's helping pick my wedding dress too. Akiza is also my only other bridesmaid. My maid of honor is, of course, my sister. And I know they'll both look amazing in the dresses Akiza picked out.

They were, of course, blue, because Yusei and I were planning on holding the ceremony in the park overlooking the ocean, where he proposed to me

They were, of course, blue, because Yusei and I were planning on holding the ceremony in the park overlooking the ocean, where he proposed to me. And because I wanted them to be blue.

"Ooh, how about this one?" Akiza holds up a dress with a lacy bodice and a slit that comes up to my waist. I shake my head. Hell no.

"Try this one, sis," Ally says, holding up a high-necked white sheath dress. Nope. Won't flatter my body type.

"Wait, Ally, stop," I say, holding up my hand. I take the next dress that Allison was about to push to the side. It was sexy and elegant and simple, all at the same time. It was perfect.

"That one?" Akiza asks, looking the dress up and down

"That one?" Akiza asks, looking the dress up and down. "Well, it would flatter your body type."

"Not to mention it's got the simplicity you wanted," Ally adds. "Try it on."

I go into the fitting room and slip the dress on my body. It fits me perfectly.

When I step out of the fitting room, Akiza and Allison gasp and stare at me as if I'm some kind of a princess.